Notices

getting a plan together

Old 06-14-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question getting a plan together

good morning, my SR friends!

here's the deal... the hub is going out of town for five days (leaving early tomorrow morning), and while i'm feeling strong and centered in my sobriety, i am putting a plan together for myself to help carry me through.

i've only got a sitter for one night, so i'll get to one meeting at least. it's one of my favorite meetings, so i'm grateful for that. (trying not to lament the fact that i can't hit more meetings...)

i've got an arsenal of numbers for people i can call... and i'm not afraid to use them!!

the main question i have is this... i was interested in joining some of the live chat things we've got here, but i have no bloody clue how to go about that! (i think i may have mentioned before that i'm technologically challenged, to say the least!) can anybody chime in with kindergarten level instructions on how to join in a chat? (i'll be on my little notebook-type pc, if that makes a difference in what i need to do...)

thanks in advance for any guidance... and any extra serenity and strength you may have to spare while i have my first dry run as a single parent. (yes, that awful pun was fully intended!)
Old 06-14-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just click on Chat Room on the Blue bar at the top of the page, right-hand side.

A drop-down menu appears and click Enter Chat.

If you don't have Java it will prompt you to download it.

And, please know that the message boards are also active and supportive. There is always someone around, so you can post anytime.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks so much, anna!

wow, that seems easy enough... i do believe even i can make this work!! yay!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

That you are taking pains to address this now, gathering your tools, before your husband leaves, speaks volumes about your committment.

You'll get through this!