Notices

Im Going To Need Some Support

Old 06-13-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im Going To Need Some Support

Hi,
Well Im pleased that Ive managed to have two evenings where I havent drank myself stupid. I did have a drink both nights but VERY little. Its all going ot be baby steps right now with me.

Im making plans to make sure that my future will be without alcohol but i know myself well enough to realise I wont be able to make huge changes and stick to them all at once.

Ive made a couple of possitive steps (I believe). Im coming here my often, if not posting Im busy reading and soaking up all the advice i can and by coming here i believe that I have acknowledged that i am an alcoholic which is huge thing for me. This is something, that Im not willing or ready to share with anyone apart from all my new best friends here right now!!
So Im planning to continue to drastically reduce what Im drinking over the next couple of days, stick to my new rules and as I know next week will be really difficult for me (my partner is working away that week, which normally means i drink from 5pm - 4am daily and barely functioning at work), Im going to make myself go to a meeting on Tuesday. Im also booked into to see a councilor on Wednesday and then keeping busy on here or with friends and work for the rest of the time. Im also only allowing myself 2 stubbies per night IF anything at all.

At the end of the month, im telling people that Im going to do 'dry july' a sponsored thing that is done alot where i live and by doing this people wont focus on me not drinking. During that month Im hopefully going to make new habits like looking after myself more, exercising - oh if only i could become addicted to that!!

So expect a lot of useless posts from me over the next week or so. Its going to be difficult but Im focused and ready to break some very old habbits.

Oz
Old 06-13-2013, 11:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No pity. No remorse. No fear

The posts won't be useless if they keep you off the p!ss...so post away!