What the last six months have brought me without my ah

Old 06-13-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What the last six months have brought me without my ah

I have learned that there are no guarantees in life. You may marry young as I did (21), and have it last for 25 years (like mine did)...to realize the the AH you have been living with simply does not deserve you (as I realized). You never know where life will take you, but I do know that I am responsible for writing the remaining chapters of my life. I choose me, and I choose to make the second half of my life matter in a way that is going to make me happy, loved, appreciated, and never EVER again will I be taken for granted. In time, I will choose a sober mate, and someone who deserves me. I will chose a loving soul and a meaningful soul...I will NOT settle, and I WILL speak my mind. I believe that life has better things in store for me, and I am grateful that I had the strength to leave my husband when I did. I am grateful and appreciate the opportunity to move forward with a sound mind, and healthy body. I am grateful for the support that I have received on this site, and also for my family and friends that I have recently re-connected with. I can honestly say that after six months without HIM, I have found ME. Yes, I really have found ME. And I'll tell you...I had lost myself for a very, very long time. I thank God for making me whole again and staying in my heart guiding me when I needed it the most. If my parents were alive today, I hope that they would have supported my decisions, and would have been proud of me. Look out LIFE...HERE I COME!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
KLM

So glad you are in a good space. Thank you for sharing this. It's good to know there is hope at the end of cycle once WE choose to end it.
You deserve all the happiness you are enjoying now
Old 06-14-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((horriblethisis)))))

What growth!!!!!

When you have a down day or moment or two, please have this post of yours printed out and on your refrigerator and a copy in your purse, as a reminder of where YOU are heading, a positive reminder.

Thank you for sharing this, it is so important for all of us to get out of the doom and gloom and see the recovery that is possible!!

You go girl!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 06-14-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Look out LIFE...HERE I COME!
You go girl!!! Embrace every sunrise and find joy and beauty in even the rainiest day!

Wishing you wonderful days ahead, the blessings of new beginnings and a life filled with light and joy...because you deserve all of this and more.

Hugs
Old 06-14-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Beautiful, "Horriblethisis" - maybe it's time for a name change!

Well done, and best wishes for a lovely life ahead! Thank you for this share.

CLMI