Hanlon's Razor

Old 06-12-2013, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hanlon's Razor

Been a while since I've posted, but lurking regularly and feeling great about my life. Thanks to everyone for sharing; the support means a lot.

It's been seven months of strict NC with my AXGF and I've been focused on my own happiness with great success. Promoted at work, picked up a couple new hobbies, dusted off the piano and started playing again... Life is abundantly awesome! So of course....... she pops back up (how do they know?!?)

I received a package in the mail, no return address. It was a thoughtless but benign gift along with a note that was part congratulatory for the promotion (we work in the same industry) and part pointing out my flaws and blaming me for the breakup (she cheated, lied, and got caught). I started to get p***ed off until I remembered Hanlon's Razor:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity (or in this case, alcoholism)

She's still drinking, she's still sick, and she won't get better until she seeks help. It's not intentional, it's just who she is. Thankfully, it has nothing to do with me.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Positive updates are so encouraging!

Congrats to you and thank you for sharing!
Old 06-13-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep focusing on yourself. It sounds like you have found some peace and clarity in your life. You are correct, her problem, her issues and you are much wiser now. Keep up the great work and positive attitude. It is an inspiration for the rest of us.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hanlon's Razor--now I had never heard it called that. But actually, I've been practicing that for years and years. It has given me a lot of peace in my own life.

Glad to hear life is getting good for you again! I remember when I first noticed those changes, and it made my life a lot more peaceful.