Notices

3 years clean!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 years clean!

Hello, I'm new to this board. I'm a recovering addict with three years of clean time behind me! My drug of choice was crack cocaine....and lots of it! I eventually want to open my own addiction recovery center for those who are still "out there" and those who are in recovery. But until I can do that, I would love to share my personal experiences while using drugs. I want to, in some way, be of help to anyone that may feel lost or they feel that they can't keep on keeping on. I have a lot of stories that I can share. I am a good listener and I am very compassionate about my recovery!! I am a survivor of this evil that had a grip on me that I never thought I could break free from. But I did....And so can you!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome bornagain
Congrats on your 3 years

D
Old 06-11-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done Born Again. You mentioned that you want to help others. Have you considered speaking to groups? At churches, youth groups, NA meetings etc.? I'm sure many would find your story inspirational.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! Though I abused many things, crack was the one thing that brought me to my knees. 6+ years in recovery, and I have to credit all the people here for being a HUGE part of my recovery.

I think it's great that you want to pass on what you've learned. I'm pretty open about my addiction and am amazed at the people I've met who are also struggling or in recovery. It feels pretty good to pass on what we've learned, and I'm glad you are going in that direction.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 3 years!! Welcome to SR

I noticed you are in Bay St. Louis... I have a very dear friend who is from Waveland and has family still there after Katrina.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

FeenixxRising I also think being of service and sharing is an excellent idea. BornAgain2010, congratulations on your 3 year birthday!!!! Have you been part of any H&I Panels? I personally really love to hear speakers, there's always something I learn about myself. 'Just' sharing in meetings, allows us to all grow. It's all good stuff.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank all of you for the warm welcomes!! I know right off that I'm going to really enjoy being a part of this board! Yes, I have talked at meetings.....but never really stuck with it. I'm more than ready now to be of help to someone.....anyone.....that is or has been in a "bad situation." Recovery, for me, is the most important part of my life....except for my "higher power" of course!" If anyone has any questions are just wanna talk......... all you have to do is let me know. Cause isn't that what we are all here for.......to help one another!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful & blessed day!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR bornagain.

Congratulations on 3years.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

So much awesome.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

hi Born Again, your recovery is awesome, especially because crack seems to be very hard to quit. I know someone who is going through the worst struggle, has been admitted to a secure facility, may have permanent brain damage; the future seems bleak for her. Added to that she has beautiful baby of 17 months who she may never have custody of again.
To hear that people can heal against the odds is heartening.