Notices

Hello!

Old 06-11-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello!

Hi there!

Just stepping in and hoping to find a comfy spot to sit and rest and make new friends from all over the world. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada with my husband and one kitty (at the moment - we usually have more critters than just the one). I have no two-legged children but my life is full and busy. I am looking for a way to erase alcohol from my life. My 84 yr old mother is an alcoholic (Joined AA in 2009 and is doing really well). I am 52 and don't want to get to that stage. I would drink everyday if I could get away with it. I love the way I feel when I wake up sober. My husband loves his beer and when he's home for weekends, we always drink together. It's our schtick.

I would love to hear how I can still hang with him and not drink. Any ideas on how to love and be with your signifigant other but not drink?

Regards,
BB
Old 06-11-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's a bit difficult to stop drinking when your partner still drinks but it can be done if you want it badly enough. You'll have to make some changes in your lifestyle to quit drinking but the effort is worth it.

I'm glad you found us and joined the family! You'll find a lot of support here.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Early recovery is a hard time involving lots of lifestyle changes.

Are there things your husband and you could do together? I started taking long walks after supper (trigger time for me) and my husband often joins me. Those walks quickly became a time for us to really talk to each other with no interruptions, plus the physical exercise was so helpful.