When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping!!!

Old 05-01-2002, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Theresa

Post When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping!!!

Decided to go out today to buy a few summer things, although summer is hardly here yet, even in California.

I felt the need to do something for me.
But, a pattern I have noticed with myself is that when I am in the process of having a good time, I seem to be the one to throw a wrench in the works, i.e. enjoying myself, when bang, a thought of my son will pop into my head, about what I should or could be doing for him. I move through this place, again, and again it seems.
Its like why should I be having a good time, when he is suffering.
Anyone else go through this?
Any solutions?

Love and hugs,

Theresa

Old 05-01-2002, 01:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Absolutely!

He's feeling bad so if have fun it is almost like cheating on him...yeah I have been there and I have gotten past it. How?

I know now that he has made his own choices and he is an adult and I can't change it..and I have tried and tried to fix it and I can't. And my being miserable isn't going to change it either... my best efforts didn't change a thing...that's how I got on with life..

Paula
Old 05-01-2002, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Theresa

Thanks, Paula. It helps to hear it again and again!!!
Talk to you soon,

Hugs,

Theresa

Old 05-01-2002, 07:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

It wasn't that long ago for me. I felt really guilty every time I ate because I didn't know if my son was eating or not. The time I left him out in the cold, I actually got up and turned my heater off because I felt like I should be cold too if he is cold. I know one thing for sure, if it had been the other way around, he wouldn't have given me a thought.

I think it helps to put ourselves in there shoes and think "What would I do if this were me?" Then realize that they have that same choice. Then realize that they are choosing not to make that choice.

MG