Notices

Day 12 check in

Old 06-10-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 12 check in

Day 12 of no cigarettes or alcohol. My intensive summer class started today so I will be busy with that and keeping fit and writing. I feel tired today but I am about to eat and then go running/ walking. I hope everyone is having a good Monday.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a very good Monday here, and I'm glad you're doing well on Day 12.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 12
Old 06-10-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you guys.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go Acheleus!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Got back from my class and feel worried because it is an intensive language class and I wish I had free time to devote to my health and sobriety. The language I am studying is difficult and I feel overwhelmed right now. I am going to walk some in a minute then study some more. Something is off with me today, I just feel impending doom. I hope if I stay sober my anxiety will decrease. Maybe i will take a nap.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Acheleus...you sure are taking on a whole lot here (dunno..just seems so). Quit drinking is a ....stressor. The running is awesome because that helps relieve the crap clanging around in our head..but the class ...hmmm... I don't know. Not saying quit but don't expect too much from your self. I would be super anxious to. Take the classbut stress don't if you can't cut it so to speak cuz it's way more ..way more important that you win at staying sober/smober. Please keep that in mind..that's the win you want right. Do your best..but don't beat yourself up as we addicts have super high expectations of ourselves..which is stupid cuz its hard to accomplish stuff or grow emotionally drunk
Old 06-10-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree with Nuudawn, that you might be taking on a whole lot already... didn't you mention you quit nicotine and some other things when you quit drinking? I've read in many places to make one or two changes become a habit before you go on to add others... that taking on more than 2-3 things at a time is recipe for disaster. Not trying to discourage at all, because I DO know where you're coming from... I take on many things at once. It was why I think I relapsed last year.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have to take this class because it is a requirement for my degree. It only lasts three weeks but it is three hours a day of class five days a week. I just need to study and forget about everything else. I am in grad school and I have quit smoking and drinking. I have also been drinking only water and eating fish and fruits and vegetables. I dont know. A five year relationship also abruptly ended, I kind of feel abandoned because we lived together for four years and I have been in my own place for almost a year. Everything is horrible today for some reason and I cannot figure out why. Something deep inside tells me I am going to be alone forever now and no one will like me. Thinking this way is pathetic.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 12 : )

Sounds like your going about this the right way, its amazing what the right nutrition and exercise can do. I'm one day behind you, and its crazy the range of emotions I go thru every day. Or maybe it's just because we're starting to feel every raw emotion without drowning it out with alcohol?
Hope your tomorrow isn't horrible
Old 06-10-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My emotions are rising to the surface, but after I exercise I get some perspective. I have been trying to get rid of negative thoughts and the self hatred I have. Changing like this all at once is working for me, and I am going to keep adding healthy activities to my life. A man named Anthony De Mello has some good videos on youtube. Thanks for the encouragement guys, I hope everyone is going strong in their sobriety.