Notices

As of now it's out of my hands ..

Old 06-08-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

As of now it's out of my hands ..

Right ,
That's it , i've had enough and i hand it over to life , fate , god , passing space aliens or whatever ... There is no way i can control or influence the erratic behaviour of certain people in my life at the moment , how this pan's out i shall wait and see but i am going to concentrate on making now good , tomorow or next week can wait untill then .

I refuse to let it get to me or upset my serenity

Right i'm going to get on with making my dinner and carry on as per a normal weekend , i do not wait for phones to ring , i do not pick them up to check they still work or phone my own mobile to check it's still working .

sanity rules ,

feel free to add your own official "it's outta my hands as from now post"

Bestwishes, M
Old 06-08-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The serenity prayer comes to mind.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Me too Mecanix.

I am too old to be checking my phone for a text or a missed call. I'm not 15 anymore.

My life is solid and stable and I can only control me.

What you cooking?
xx
Old 06-08-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Thanks least & sasha ,

Lemony chicken and corainder /ciltrano .. it's my latest favorite meal ..

Accepting what i have control over and what i don't and knowing when to let it go emotionaly are things that have helped keep me sober , i think .

I wanted to see this one in print , might offer some insight to someone as well as act as an afirmation to myself

Bestwishes, M
Old 06-08-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Lemony chicken and corainder /ciltrano .. it's my latest favorite meal
Thanks for the dinner idea. I was just pondering what to make for dinner. I haven't made that in years.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey M! I hope you are ok.... Not a post within character but I trust you getting this out is best!

I cannot control much in life but me and then only a seemingly small percentage... Lol

Great dinner idea.

I am on the road driving to the jersey shore to meet up with brother and family. Should be fun to see the ocean again. Been a while.

Be well my good friend!

Ken
Old 06-08-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Right ,
That's it , i've had enough and i hand it over to life , fate , god , passing space aliens or whatever ... There is no way i can control or influence the erratic behaviour of certain people in my life at the moment , how this pan's out i shall wait and see but i am going to concentrate on making now good , tomorow or next week can wait untill then .

I refuse to let it get to me or upset my serenity

Right i'm going to get on with making my dinner and carry on as per a normal weekend , i do not wait for phones to ring , i do not pick them up to check they still work or phone my own mobile to check it's still working .

sanity rules ,

feel free to add your own official "it's outta my hands as from now post"

Bestwishes, M
I had to learn to trust myself again, which even two years in, is still something I have to work on daily. I am not talking about trusting myself in regards to booze or drinking, but trusting myself that I can do anything in life I put my mind to. Trust that even though I feel lonely sometimes or bored, as I get more confident, there will be no limit to what I am capable. Trust that I can reach out and try new things, and be a success. I am learning to trust my body again, to trust that I wont freak out and panic when out shopping or when I have to do new things, because alcohol is no longer directly causing my anxiety. Its refreshing to be put in situations that used to bring on anxiety, cringe and wait for it to come, and it doesn't come. Im not a prisoner to anxiety or alcohol anymore, and I am learning to trust that Im really free now, and that as long as I dont drink, I wont end up back in that dark, dark prison I was in. Its out of my hands who will come along and try to interrupt my sobriety, but it is my hands how I choose to react to it. All we have is our actions.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

An hour after typing this a message arrives ,
I was able to respond from a place of calm, peace and hapiness .

Sobriety and the skills we learn dealing with life whilst maintaining sobriety are worthwile and for this alcoholic, i think, make me a better man .

Have a good sober saturday , M
Old 06-08-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Well, my weekend took an unfortunate turn and there's something out of my hands now. Mrs. Non fell up some steps at a local store and broke her right foot in multiple places. She has a cast on now, and needs to follow up with an Orthopedic Podiatrist on Monday. So far she is horrible on crutches and has already fallen trying to go to fast. She hasn't yet figured out how to get into the bathroom by herself. She won't be able to drive for weeks or months.

Basically, I have just donned a caregiver role I was not anticipating. I will have some help from 2 adult children who are here for the summer, but I expect to bear the bulk of the burden. Fortunately my employer has a liberal sick leave policy, and I will be able to take as much time as necessary to assist.

OK, she's calling me. I need to run to the pharmacy. Dear Lord, please - no one give her a bell!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

It's cool you were sober to deal with this Non . It's great to be there for those we love the most .

Bestwishes, M
Old 06-08-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Mecanix; I hope you are OK, I think you are handling whatever is aggravating exceptionaly well!

Nons; Mrs. Nons. is in a lot of pain for sure....I fell DOWN handicapped steps at my mother's last year almost the same time...tore my CFL tendon...no break but my "kankle" swelled to the size of my head daily by the time i got home...it took at least 3 months to heal....

regarding the bathroom.....maybe you can scamper to Home Depot and get a small bar to install on the wall to help her hold on while she gets up and down....less awful than the dreaded pottyhandles that go over the toilet with the built in elevated seat. showering will need some modifications too.

So Weasel is going to visit Little Miss Fandy (my daughter) who lives on one of the barrier Islands....she is always on her beach walking the dog.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm glad that you posted the way you felt and handled the disappointment. It's a good reminder how we do have a choice in sobriety as far as how we will react. I'm still working on it! I hope you had a fabulous dinner!
Old 06-08-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Nons; Mrs. Nons. is in a lot of pain for sure.
Very true. She's on Vicodin now, so she's OK as long as she is not moving. Waiting in the ER waiting room for the triage to happen, the move to the room, waiting for the doctor to show up, etc. when she was un-medicated was tough.