Notices

Temptation/Craving

Old 06-08-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Temptation/Craving

I am approaching my 3 month mark and last night I had an intense craving to drink. I was babysitting my 3 yr old and 3 month old grandchildren. Trying to hold and feed the baby while the 3 yr old wanted my complete attention was a little stressful and the first thing I thought of was a glass of wine.

I knew these AV's would kick in at some point, but boy was it strong. So being without a computer, I used my cellphone and typed with one hand Sober Recovery and pulled up the forum.

Thank you SR and its' members/friends. I wasn't able to log in or type (hard with one hand cradling a baby), but I was able to read some posts and regain my balance.

Yes I love sobriety and do not need alcohol to ruin what I have worked so hard for in such little time. 10:00 p.m. came and both kids were asleep and I was at peace and happy. Two little ones safely taken care of and loved by a sober alcoholic.

To all of you that might think your 2 cents does not make a difference, take it from me, IT DOES.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

so glad you made it through, living... and wishing you a lovely day!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Living, you are FANTASTIC. Your 2 cents worth is priceless.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome job living!!! You're an awesome granny!!! They are lucky to have you.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Cravings really are hard and acceptance that I cannot give in is even harder.

I always try to think - if things in life were easy then where would the motivation to make things better come from. Life is not perfect and addiction sucks. I hate those AV voices saying it's OK to drink. No it is not.

Well I made it another day sober and will make it again today. I hate but kinda like the battle now, it is something I need to prove to myself that I am strong and can accomplish anything in life I set my mind on. Sounds silly, but if it helps me through, then I can be crazy silly.

Thank you all again for the support, wisdom, knowledge and anything else I forgot LOL. Helping ourselves and supporting others is what I love about SR.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

SCARED TO DEATH. I have been under a lot of stress and again the feeling of drinking has popped in to my mind. I just read a post about someone having one glass of wine (my favorite) and controlling it. I KNOW I CANNOT CONTROL IT, but the post was so tempting.

Actually I have been under a lot of stress for many years - pre-drinking and post drinking. Drinking made it worse though. Sorry for the rambling, but I have a feeling you will be seeing me here all day long fighting this urge. Getting ready to start a new thread on this issue.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello Living,

I saw this quote on Facebook a few days ago:

"Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make. Period"

Hang in there, we are tougher than we think :-)

Love,

CS