A quick update

Old 05-15-2002, 12:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Angry A quick update

Well....I told my son we needed to talk!!!
I explained that when anyone does something wrong, there are consequences (like he didn't know )
I told him I am making him go to a few AA meetings so he can see what is down the path he is looking at. I also told him I was extending his date, to get his drivers license, 6 months. ( He will be 16 Sept. 17th, so will now have to wait until March 17, 2003) Another "incedent" will get him another 6 months and so on....That is how it will go (unless it gets bad and police get involved) until he is 18.If it gets to the point that the police gets involved, then I am out of it. I am responsible for him until he is 18. I told him I hope it was just a "one time thing" and doesn't happen again.
oooohhhh.........and you guessed it, he didn't like it one bit. But I have to say, I have made him go to 2 meetings so far and he hasn't fought me. He has went without comment.
I hope the "seed" will get planted by my actions....but in the mean time, I am trying to keep calm and keep going to meetings......and of course posting here.
Thank you to all who responded.
Hugs to all!!!
Chandra
Old 05-15-2002, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Chandra

Way to go. I think you are doing the right thing. Children need guidance at a young age to help them choose the right path. I pray that your child does choose the right one.

You take care.
Hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 05-15-2002, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Chandra -
Good for you, I too think you are doing the right thing - and yes, the seed will be planted, and I believe that God will water it when needed for it to grow.
God Bless -

------------------
Pauline
A friend in recovery!!
Old 05-15-2002, 06:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Chandra,

I had a conversation with my 27 year old son on Mother's Day...he is in a sober house following rehab and he said " You have told me this stuff all along" and he was right. I have always been up front...and he remembers that. And he will always remember that...so I say "Go for it!!"

JT
Old 05-15-2002, 06:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Great Chandra,

They also have drug testing you can do at home. Maybe a random test now and then would be good and keep him on his toes. You can do what you can, but it will still boil down to his choice. I hope so very much that he learns from this.

I listen to my kids and nieces and nephews talk and they all say the same thing. Everyone in school when they went were using one form of drug and alcohol. It's really hard these days to keep it from our kids. I think it has more to do with peer pressure than anything else.

Hugs,

MG

Old 05-16-2002, 02:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you everyone!

I feel good about my choice with Anthony.
Hugs to all!!
Chandra