I don't know where to turn anymore

Old 06-07-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I don't know where to turn anymore

My husband has been on Saboxone now for two months and his mood swings and anger toward me has gotten extremely worse. I tried talking to his mother about this, but she just says that she has never seen him act violent and has never seen him this unhappy before. Pretty much saying that I am the problem. My husband constantly just leaves when he gets mad, says he wants a divorce, screams and yells and goes into a complete rage. I try to talk with him about his behavior and that it is wrong, but then he just gets more angry and says that I am calling him a piece of **** and then he leaves and runs to his mother's house. I feel like I have no support in his recovery and don't know what to do. Has anyone ever experienced this with suboxone?
Old 06-07-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi. Welcome to SR.

I don't have experience with suboxone, but there are some family members here who do. Also SR has a forum for Suboxone, and it is often discussed on the Substance Abuse Forum too.

Is your husband using this under the care of a physician? Is he aware of the changes in his own behavior, or what his mom calls his "unhappy" state? It sounds like maybe he should discuss it with the doctor. Perhaps a dosage adjustment, or maybe some therapy to help him cope with the changes of stopping the drugs. I do know based on my husbands experience, there are a lot of physical and emotional changes that occur once a person stops their drug of choice. So perhaps some of it is coming from this.

Im sure others will be along who can share more about their experience with suboxone....
Old 06-07-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

he is just so mean and irrational and leaves all the time and blames me for everything. He did this often when he was on drugs also
Old 06-07-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Take the use of drugs or the Sub out of it. Is his behavior acceptable? Are there children involved? Who is paying for the Sub?
Old 06-07-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

he is paying for the sub and yes I have 2 children that are not his and no his behavior is not acceptable
Old 06-07-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I haven't seen that behavior out of someone who is in subs.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Suboxone is the worst...just sayin...horrible, horrible drug with horrible, horrible side effects. ...addictive too.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I liked my husband on suboxone. I didn't see any anger at all. However, because he tapered way too fast, he went through terrible withdrawals and relapsed.

Suboxone can be a good tool but IMO, it's not a solution.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've never had these issues with Subs when used properly. I have however ran into similar things when somebody is trying to be a take breaks for the Suboxone so they can use opiates again (though depending on dose, it usually will take 2-4 days for the Suboxone to clear the system after the last dose). Problem is, they either take the Sub too early and it forces them into precipitated withdrawal OR they wait until they're in moderate withdrawal before using Suboxone again (Which is the way you're supposed to begin use to avoid precipitated withdrawal).
Old 06-09-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

There have been several times that he has come home and his eyes have been pins. So I have had a feelinnng that he is using also while on suboxune. He is to the point that he won't even speak to me, he is at his mothers and everything is me and my fault when I haven't done anything. Everytime I try to address problems and his behavior being wrong he just turns it around on me. I just don't understand how someone can do bad things to people and not see what they are doing
Old 06-09-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The more and more I read other peoples threads about being w an addict, I start to realize that I am not the only one that these things happen to. What I don't understand is why I am the only person in his life that he treats with such hate. He doesn't treat his mother or father this way. Why me??? Any input?
Old 06-09-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i think this happens to the ones the addict feels most comfortable with and/or with whom they are most likely to "get away with it".
Old 06-09-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Idk, maybe it is really way simple tha that. Maybe they really just don't give a crap about you. They obviously know better than to treat their other loved ones that way. Maybe I just really mean nothing to him. I'm starting to think that that is really the answer.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i think it's not really a question of you meaning anything to him or nothing at all. not when addiction is involved. nothing is rational then. still learning this myself, but the best thing you can do is take care of yourself and your kids. he won't "get it" until he is ready to get it. keep reading and keep posting...it really does help. you aren't alone. this isn't fun for any of us.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you, but it is really hard to not feel as if someone loves you when they can do just horrible things to constantly hurt you. He wiped our account out and left me pennieles w no money to pay the bills that are all behind because of his addiction. He spent 80 grand last year on drugs, attorneys and his mistakes. The was off for 6 months while I paid all of the bills and now he is back to work and he throws in my face how much money he is making and how I don't need him cuz he is so horrible and takes all the money and leaves. Just such a discouraging feeling of doom and helplessness.