Notices

New and addicted to pain medd

Old 06-06-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and addicted to pain medd

I know I have a problem and desperately need help. It's really hard trying to take that step and get help but I know I can't just keep living my life like this. I'm blowing way more $ than I can afford & my body is suffering. I'm considering trying suboxone. I can't/won't tell my husband for many reasons but he's away for work most of the time anyway. I am considering telling my parents because I think I'll need some kind of support but its soo hard because I know it'll really hurt them & that's the last thing I want. Feeling lonely, confused, & just lost right now. Also, I was diagnosed with depression many yrs ago & bipolar just a cpl yrs ago which just makes it that much worse and harder to consider getting clean.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you found us and joined the family. Perhaps take a look at our substance abuse forum for more insight.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 06-06-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome and do whatever it takes to recover. You will definitely need support and please contact your Doctor to get the correct way to taper. I am not experienced with addiction to pain pills, but from what I have read, do not do it cold turkey.

Best wishes and keep posting.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marcher

Well, hello! This is a great place to come for help. I was in your shoes not too long ago, so I know the desperation to quit. I also post in the substance abuse forum. Lots of good support here, so I hope you'll stick around. It's worth it!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I think the best thing for you is to talk to your dr about tapering off the pain medication that you're taking. Has your dr suggested suboxone?

There is lots of support here, so keep reading and posting.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome SouthernchickMS

D
Old 06-06-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to a great place, southernchick. You are no longer alone - you have us. I hope you'll check out the Substance Abuse forum as least suggested - there will be many there with similar situations.

I hope being here will help relieve the anxiety you're feeling. I'm glad you reached out.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome and good luck
Old 06-06-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You have came to the right place, tons of support here Alot of us know exactly how your feeling. Hang in there and have a look around, theres always someone here to talk to & get support
Old 06-06-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by SouthernchickMS View Post
I know I have a problem and desperately need help. It's really hard trying to take that step and get help but I know I can't just keep living my life like this. I'm blowing way more $ than I can afford & my body is suffering. I'm considering trying suboxone. I can't/won't tell my husband for many reasons but he's away for work most of the time anyway. I am considering telling my parents because I think I'll need some kind of support but its soo hard because I know it'll really hurt them & that's the last thing I want. Feeling lonely, confused, & just lost right now. Also, I was diagnosed with depression many yrs ago & bipolar just a cpl yrs ago which just makes it that much worse and harder to consider getting clean.

I think you should be honest with everyone. It frees you up and gets you out of your head. As addicts we spend SO much time trying to hide our problem that its exhausting. Im glad you want to get help, and being here is a great first step. I wish you all the best. You can do this, you owe it to yourself.