Notices

Day 8 check in

Old 06-06-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8 check in

Eight days without smoking or drinking. My class starts Monday and I was thinking of going to a poetry reading tonight but it is in s bar. I planned on getting a water and then enjoying the readings. So I am about to wash clothes and clean up my place some more.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

8 is great!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job A! Be safe if you go to this bar. What if you didnt go to the bar tonight for poetry? Is there anything else that you can think of to do?
Old 06-06-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel strong enough to go but I do not want to delude my self. Maybe I can stay in and write my own poetry. I dont want to be in a bar for a long time. Its raining tonight anyway.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go on 8 days.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Woohoo! Right there with you on day 8. I flew halfway around the world yesterday over a 24 hour period, got to a friend's house with a bunch of cold beer in the fridge at around 10pm. That was rough.. but got through it.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Way to go with 8 under belt! I'm working my way through Day 5. I had a work function last night that was all about the boozing. I went out of obligation and I was pretty nervous about it. I have actually told coworkers I'm on antibiotics so can't drink (believable since I Have a wicked cold). I ate my face off...but didn't drink. There was a point early on where I really wanted a glass of wine. I was sitting there alone..bored...waiting for others to arrive. I soon realized that even with a glass of wine in hand...I'd still be bored. People started arriving and a few of them had already been drinking prior to arrival and were..annoying to say the least. Fortunately there were others not drinking. It ended up a rather quiet affair. I realized that I don't really like functions that call for idle chit-chat. I'm not good at it...therefore I drink...and end up babbling self-importantly at one point or another.

At least you have poetry to listen to if that's what you enjoy. I for one, plan on staying away from things that call for sitting and drinking. In a pinch, I sit and eat..and that's kind of stupid too. Argh.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Went to the reading and had a seltzer water. The reading motivated me to send out more of my poems for publication. So tomorrow I am going to buy stamps and send some stuff to literary journals. I ate tacos and sushi then walked back home. I felt sad seeing all the people out at bars hanging out. I want to find a girl, but I know I need me time to improve myself. I ran and walked the same route I did yesterday. So tomorrow is day nine. I hope all you guys have a fun sober weekend.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think that's wonderful Achelus...sending out your poems. I hope the space I create in my life without booze and cigarettes fires my old creativity..and that I write again...someday. I'm feeling especially lonely today myself. I went out for something to eat. I sat on a patio and had a delicious virgin strawberry margarita. Man I didn't know they were so good. You're a few days ahead of me..and I'm glad to see you're still here : )
Old 06-06-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Funny story...My dad took me to the bar with him when I was two and I always had virgin pina coladas or daiquiris. One night thebartender had made some alcoholic pina colada and soon after I wanted another pina colada. So he poured me one with alcohol.

My lousy dad said I slept the entire next day without waking up. No wonder I became a drunk. But yea I dont have any friends in this town so I will try to make some soon, somehow. But I can be lonely and still be happy.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Acheleus. You are doing wonderfully. Soon enough there will be that special someone in your life to enjoy time with. Classes are starting for you right? I do understand the lonely feelings that we all have. You are not alone my friend. We are all here for you. Congrats on the seltzer water, and also becoming inspired to send out your poems. I wish you the best of everything. Positive vibes are coming your way.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you again Miz. Yes my class starts on Monday. I will have July to spend time at home with my dad. I just want this quit to be the last one, I don't want to relapse or give up, so I am really trying to keep busy. So I have been doing a lot of laundry, I cleaned out a closet, I cooked some food, I ran, etc. Today I went to the store and bought some contacts. When I was hungover I just felt so anxious and depressed that I wouldn't do anything. Everything is better when I am sober, I just have to keep reminding myself. Thanks for your support Miz.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
Eight days without smoking or drinking. My class starts Monday and I was thinking of going to a poetry reading tonight but it is in s bar. I planned on getting a water and then enjoying the readings. So I am about to wash clothes and clean up my place some more.

8 days is awesome, but its a tad to soon to be jumping back into a bar. I am now able to go to clubs and bars with not a twinge of desire for alcohol, but that took a while. I am at 2 years sober, and I think I went to my first bar around 90 days for a trivia contest. It was awkward, but I had my mind set and was determined enough to not be enticed by any means. I wish you the best, but you may want to avoid any trigger behaviors for a bit longer.