Notices

Day 1 - again

Old 06-05-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 - again

Today is my day 1 again. Thank you to those who encouraged me on my post last night. I know tonight will be very difficult (the day is easy since I'm at work). I'm going to an AA meeting that will be new to me. Then going to my bf's house so I won't be as tempted to drink. I'll definitely take my pup on a nice walk too. I'm sure she could use it and it'll help me stay busy. One day at a time!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Best of luck Sinderos. Hope you find some help at the AA meeting too, keep an open mind. Sounds like you have plans above and beyond just "not drinking", which for me is very important.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have definitely realized I have to keep a plan. Lonliness and boredom are huge triggers for me. I'm worried about the weekend, but will try to come up with stuff to keep me occupied.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I used to walk my dogs any time I had cravings. (they got a lot of walks for a while) Keeping busy is good therapy. Do you have any support at home? Give AA a good try. Lots of help in those rooms.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Sinderos,
Maybe you can pick up a copy of the book "Living Sober" at your next meeting? It's really helped me and specifically gives some good examples of ways to help get through boredom, etc. during the first days/weeks/months of sobriety. Best wishes to you.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Least, I have a bf but we don't live together. Other than him I don't really have anyone close to me here. My bf is an alcoholic too though. Thankfully he's primarily a beer drinker which does not tempt me at all!!! (The taste is gross to me.) I'm hopeful I'll meet some people at AA who I will be able to get support from.

RiverFriend, I will definitely check into the book you recommend.