Notices

Day 4 and a positive surprise

Old 06-05-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 and a positive surprise

Yesterday was hard for me. I thought about having a drink several times. Just
One. What's the harm?! Isn't the power of rationalization amazing?! I resisted and made it through. Also as part of my plan to treat myself I've eaten a little less the past 4 days and worked in a brisk 30 minute walk. So here is the positive part: I tested my fasting blood sugar this morning and it was normal!! This is a big deal to me because I've had gestational diabetes twice and am classified as pre diabetic right now. For
Months I hadn't been able to bring my fasting blood sugar in the normal range. Guess because I was drinking practically every night
:/ any way, sorry for the long post but this measurable change gave me a lift I needs today.
I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

that's great news Iwanttobebetter

D
Old 06-05-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good deal!I don't th
Old 06-05-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oops hit wrong button lol what I was saying is I don't think we realize or care what we are doing to our bodies when we are drinking.Thats great news though keep it up!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job!!! You should be very proud of yourself!!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Iwanttobebetter View Post
Yesterday was hard for me. I thought about having a drink several times. Just
One. What's the harm?! Isn't the power of rationalization amazing?! I resisted and made it through. Also as part of my plan to treat myself I've eaten a little less the past 4 days and worked in a brisk 30 minute walk. So here is the positive part: I tested my fasting blood sugar this morning and it was normal!! This is a big deal to me because I've had gestational diabetes twice and am classified as pre diabetic right now. For
Months I hadn't been able to bring my fasting blood sugar in the normal range. Guess because I was drinking practically every night
:/ any way, sorry for the long post but this measurable change gave me a lift I needs today.
I hope everyone has a good day.

Its not a long post at all, and WAY TO GO on 4 days. I promise you will keep seeing things change for the better. Things are even getting better when you cant see the immediate changes, but you have to trust it and ride it out. Keep at it, you should be proud.