Notices

Day 7...

Old 06-04-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7...

It's day 7 for me and I'm still experiencing bad headaches w/ brain fog and neck pain. I went to urgent care cuz of an anxiety attack. They told me it was a tension headach and gave me some benzo and Tylenol. I was a heavy everyday drinker for 10 years. I guess I'm just asking will the symptoms stop and is this "normal"? I put it in quotes cuz I know there's not an outline for this and everyone is different. Thanks for your time.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just a Sober ******* Now

While not from drinking, I do have experience with the tension headaches... While muscle relaxers and pain killers helped, I hated them. My best relief came when I went to a chiropractor. He didn't "crack" me, but rather massaged the neck muscles and temples, stretched my neck, and then showed me how to do it myself. While it didn't do anything for the depression and anxiety at the time, it did slow and eventually alleviate the blinding headaches.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of people experience headaches - I did.

If they persist or you're concerned, it's probably best to see your own Dr and see what they say?

D
Old 06-04-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I suffered pretty bad with headaches, sweats, shakes and anxiety for the first couple of weeks and then it slowly subsided. After about a month my head started to clear and i notice continued improvement even now after 2 months.
It will take some time to rid your body of the 10 years worth od abuse but it will be worth it very soon