Notices

cravings anger getting worse

Old 06-04-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

cravings anger getting worse

The more people / support i add to my journey , the closer I get to sobriety , the angrier I get. I blew off a text from my dealer last night. My heart raced as I set there staring at the phone , knowing full well I couldn't return text. Not if i wanted to be free of it , crack. More , lately my anger is thru the roof. Yesterday alone I argued with two innocent checkout person then later returned to apologize. Eating more also . Sugar ugh........ .I could implode ...ugh , Venting .... it helps.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Keep pushing through things, it will definitely get better. Good job for not caving!

On a more practical note regarding texts from your dealers, i'd highly recommend just blocking the numbers or even getting a new phone number. That's a trigger you can eliminate pretty simply.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm on Day 2 and I've been down this road before. I know I'm going to get angry. I'm going to get really effin angry at times. Hmmm...do I scream at coworkers? Kick cats? Break personal possessions? Run? Throw myself on my bed oh-so dramatically and flail about like a 5 year old? My therapist told me that recently...you're going to have to figure out what a healthy tantrum looks like? What the hell? I can't drink, smoke, eat, gamble, do drugs? What the hell? I dunno...I have no answers other than I got figure out how to deal with anger without harming others or myself.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Nuudawn , a good reply , thank you . " Flail about " I do that , also punch pillows , throw things across the room , mostly shoes.

Scott , also some good advice
Old 06-04-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

With drinking and other drugs the is a physical dependence and detox to go through. Not the same with crack and cocaine. We suffer mentally not as much physically. My skin would crawl wanting it.

I used to fake text my dealer and say oh sorry when he text back. Just to stay in touch when I could not get any. I know what that is like.

Stick it out. You want this and it's possible. Remember the drug has your brain a bit scrambled at the moment.

Ken
Old 06-04-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think its really awesome that you returned and apologized to the checkout person! You're obviously a good person. People go off on innocent bystanders all the time (not dealing with the mental scramble of detox) and they don't apologize..ever.
Bravo to you.
I'm adding shoe throwing to my anguish repertoire.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, Riky,

I too get horrible, sudden bursts of irritability/anger. Sometimes, I find myself screaming at the top of my lungs while driving.
Hope things settle for you soon.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I wish there was a place like this in my town! Gotta be more therapeutic than throwing shoes!

Breaking Stuff at Sarah's Smash Shack - YouTube
Old 06-04-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

" I blew off a text from my dealer last night" Can you block the number?

I just started week 7 and the thing I noticed is that I feel more volatile on average than I did before I quit, but it is getting better. The difference is I can either back down from it or contain it so nothing bad happens. Try to be patient; you'll get through it. Good to vent to with people who get it.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by ElegantlyWasted View Post
Good to vent to with people who get it.
I agree wholeheartedly. Any lurkers , don't waste another day. Join and share. It works
Old 06-04-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Marley 66 , I suggest starting a thread of your own . Go to friends and family forum and start a new thread there , anyone ?
Old 06-04-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Riky, you're doing well getting through this.

And, good for you for going back to apologize to the check-out people!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Ugg anger is a hard issue to resolve. Maybe understanding the emotional/mental/phyiscal effects of anger could help. If you like, have a quick look at Anger - how it affects people | Better Health Channel.

With the help here ar SR and your commitment change your life around, Victory will be yours.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Proud of you for not giving up. Anger is normal and you are going through a rough but positive stretch right now.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Venting works, so no worries with that. Good on you being responsible for your feelings and apologizing for your feelings. These emotions need to be worked thru as they happen. You'll get better at being more calm as time goes on. So take it easy on yourself, and stay with it.