Boyfriends usung heroin again

Old 06-04-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Boyfriends usung heroin again

My boyfriends cousin just died and now he's using heroin again. I don't know what to do I want to leave him because I don't want to be around him when he's like this but I feel like I can't leave him at a time like this. What do I do?!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Amber I'm sorry.

Sweetie you can leave him any time you feel the need. What is a "time like this"? An addicts world will always filled with chaos and sadness and inappropraite behavior.

Trust me, he knows he has you right now regardless of his behavior. He will most likely find something, create something or hold on to anything to keep you hanging around.

If you want to leave...please do
(((Hugs)))
Old 06-04-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am a recovering alcoholic and I now celebrate 7 1/2 years of not using.

This past weekend I organized a lovely birthday party for my Mom's 80th birthday...and my Dad's will be in a month. As I organize these parties I recognize that it won't be long before I will be gathering my siblings to create an equally lovely memorial celebration...mortality is part of being mortal.

But for an addict it can be another great excuse to use.

I work my recovery so I can be present to life...to being mortal, even if it includes mortality...I work my recovery so that those who celebrate life and grieve loss don't have to take care of my selfish needs at the same time...

there are billions of human beings who don't use because someone died.

pray, that with a modicum of grace, to let his cousin's death, and his disrespectful using instead of being a contributing member of family to those still alive... be a wake up call...