Notices

running out of medication...

Old 06-04-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

running out of medication...

so for the last 3 days i have been without my medication, i called the office i go to on friday and they told me there was no doctor there and couldnt get my anything. so i have been without my anxiety medication for the last 3 days and i have been experiencing my panic attacks again. i told the nurse this yesterday and she told me it was the pharmacy's problem and not theirs. well i dont know who has the problem but why is it so hard to continue medication? i swear the people around this area are so bass ackwards it isnt funny. i reach out for help and then i am told, well your doctor is leaving so you will have to wait for a new one. i am also told to call when my scripts are low so they can get me some new ones. well so far neither of that has happened for me. i swear i am trying so hard not to lose it but i feel as if i am unimportant and i can just "deal with it" well they have no idea how bad i was before i started the medication. so just deal with it and have panic attacks all day long? doesnt make a bit of sense to me, i am totally displeased with that office and i am going to tell my therapist today.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you are having panic attacks. What anxiety medication is it?
Old 06-04-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Are you without a prescription refill at the pharmacy or is it time to see the doctor for a new prescription?

In Georgia, pharmacies will not re-fill certain medication until the dosage prescribed has been used as prescribed. Example - if you get a 30 day RX for Xanax on May 1 and it has 60 pills to be taken twice a day in a 30 day period, the pharmacy will not re-fill until June 1 or maybe 2-3 days early.

If it because you need a new RX and have to see the doctor for it, most times it is hard to get same day or even week appts for maintenance appts. If you know it is time for a regular re-fill doctor appt, my doctor requires a scheduled appt.

The reason doctors and pharmacies are so rigid in their stance is because there is a thing called Dr. Shopping and most states have a system in place that track and monitor people who are prescribed narcotics and benzo's if they are getting the same medicines from multiple doctors. Neither the pharmacy or the doctor want to put their career in jeapordy by contributing to addiction. That is why they require what they do.

Anyway, wish you luck on this situation and hope you are able to see your doctor soon.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree that it will probably take a lot of organized planning to avoid gaps in your prescriptions. If your dr has moved on, perhaps it's time to look for a new office where the service is better.

I hope you get through this.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
Sorry to hear you are having panic attacks. What anxiety medication is it?
its kalonopin, but it helps me so i really wish they can clear all of this up soon.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Legend40 View Post
its kalonopin, but it helps me so i really wish they can clear all of this up soon.
I certainly hope they can too. Were you taking more than the prescribed amount or did they not prescribe enough? Make sure you that your next prescription is adequate for the amount of time that it's written for before you leave the Dr's office.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As a recovering benzo addict and recovering alcoholic, i can tell you Klonipin is super addictive, in fact as addictive or even moreso than alcohol. Cold turkey benzo withdrawal is the worst. In certain cases it can be fatal. I recommend seeing a doctor right away.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zalfa View Post
As a recovering benzo addict and recovering alcoholic, i can tell you Klonipin is super addictive, in fact as addictive or even moreso than alcohol. Cold turkey benzo withdrawal is the worst. In certain cases it can be fatal. I recommend seeing a doctor right away.
i take a very very low dose, i havent felt any kind of withdrawal from them. i was able to get a 10 day script until i see my new doctor, so things are looking up.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Attended By a Single Hound

Just reading the thread, seems you've got things sorted for now, but your surgery sounds backwards, y'right. Maybe its 'cause it wouldn't be safe for me to suddenly stop my script, but when I can't get in with my doc the nurse just does me another script and gets any doctor to sign it. They'll even fax the script through to any pharmacy I'm near at the time. No appointments needed. Maybe ask your new doc about this, when you see them? Or maybe things are different in America?