Notices

A little inspiration to start the new week?

Old 06-02-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

A little inspiration to start the new week?

“Maybe my life hasn’t been so chaotic. It’s just the world that is and the only real trap is getting attached to any of it. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.”
— Liz Gilbert, Eat Pray Love

Being addicts who are seeking recovery, we have come to realize we are indeed in ruin. There is rebuilding to be done and it wont always be easy or quick. In fact, its a process that lasts a life time. The rare gift of it is though, is that there are very few chances in life a person gets where they can completely rebuild their entire foundation. Through trauma, comes the only real way to change. People try and change all the time, but they cannot unless they have experienced ruin. Learn from it, remember it, and then build everything up again from the ground with your own blueprint. You may be in ruin now, but you are here and that is a great step towards transformation. I think you will surprise yourselves on what you are capable of and how strong you are.

Instead of listing all the thing wrong with you or what is wrong in your life, embrace the ruin and accept that it is going to take time, and things will come back to haunt you from your pasts, but you can do this We are always in a rush and its easy to get frustrated or down when you dont see progress instantly. Remember this though, it took you how long to get into the situation you are currently in, right? So change naturally will take some time as well. Be proactive and tackle the things you can, when you can. Every day you are sober, you grow and continue your transformation. God bless !!!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Great post, Nighthawk.

Thank you)
Old 06-03-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you x
Old 06-05-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Love this.