Notices

End of day 4

Old 06-02-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Niz

End of day 4

So I was in urgent care Friday with high blood pressure. I am on meds already at 30 and was at 142/120. They were going to send me to the er but it started coming down. Went to my GP Saturday and pressure was more normal (which is slightly high for me) but pulse was 130. No other detox symptoms so they did not believe it was caused by my stopping drinking. That was a relief. Now on two pressure meds but still off the sauce. Hopefully the removal of the latter will help me to get off of the former. Anyway, 4 days down and feeling pretty good! Hoping next week goes well!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 4 days Niz
D
Old 06-02-2013, 10:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you're sober and getting healthier.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Niz View Post
So I was in urgent care Friday with high blood pressure. I am on meds already at 30 and was at 142/120. They were going to send me to the er but it started coming down. Went to my GP Saturday and pressure was more normal (which is slightly high for me) but pulse was 130. No other detox symptoms so they did not believe it was caused by my stopping drinking. That was a relief. Now on two pressure meds but still off the sauce. Hopefully the removal of the latter will help me to get off of the former. Anyway, 4 days down and feeling pretty good! Hoping next week goes well!

your body will heal as you give it time and proper nourishment. Alcohol is such an evil thing, it depletes not only your mind and soul, but also your body and how it functions. The symptoms you are experiencing are common in withdrawal. I had sweats, saw weird black dots, would overheat, panic attack after panic attack, and I was shaky. It was so unpleasant, but I stuck with it because it was my only option to free myself from the prison I had created. If you want to read my story, here it is.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...life-back.html

My advice, stick with it and give your body time. Its a remarkable machine capable of all sorts of healing if you give it the chance.