Notices

over it

Old 06-02-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

over it

I'm a happily married mother of 3. For the past 14 months I have drank almost every night. Sigh. I'm tired of being hungover everyday...tired of making excuses for everything from this weight gain to having a headache. Over being nervous when I'm out of alcohol.

I have to do better and be better.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR ananias. I'm sure it'll help you to be here - there's so much support & understanding. You're not alone with the problem.

I'm glad you want to change the way your life is going. I slipped into nightly drinking & did it for many years - then all day, too. Being here at SR helped me find the courage to change. It's good that you're reaching out for help. Glad to have you with us.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! This is such a supportive and knowledgable place! You can live a life without those awful hangovers, anxiety, and regret. Read around and put together the tools that you can get, and keep, sober with.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome! your life can be much better without the booze, once you dry out & get used to the idea. I see parents still "out there" and wonder how/why they do it.....raising kids is hard enough without a hangover!

keep coming back here!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Welcome! It is so worth it.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Niz

Hello and welcome. I thought it was funny because I joined here on Thursday with a post entitled Over it as well. I'm in a similar situation and am just sick of not being the best. This is a great place to start and you have made a good choice to join. Hope you find any help you can use here!
Old 06-02-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by ananias View Post
I'm a happily married mother of 3. For the past 14 months I have drank almost every night. Sigh. I'm tired of being hungover everyday...tired of making excuses for everything from this weight gain to having a headache. Over being nervous when I'm out of alcohol.

I have to do better and be better.

Well being here is the right step in a good direction. Ive felt how you do before. I used to cringe at the sight of an empty bottle, especially if I was in the midst of getting super drunk. Ive felt desperate and I knew I needed, wanted more in my life. This is the only way to get it!!! Welcome, and I hope you find some inspirational stories, as well as some recovery options and methods that you think you might like. There is no "Right" way to get sober, as long as you get sober. Its time, life is passing you by right now...........so free yourself.

If you want to read my story,Here it is http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...life-back.html