Notices

6 months sober

Old 06-02-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 months sober

Hi everybody in SR. I haven't posted much in the past 6 months but I regularly visit and its helped me a lot. What a up and down 6 months it has been. Some days have been tough and I have felt like caving in but all I think about was how bad those black outs and hang overs were and that changes my mind pretty quick. I'm lucky in that my younger brother has been sober over 8 years and he helps me a lot. He is pretty much my sponsor. My girl friend has been good to and understanding of my up and down moods. I decided not to go to AA this time but. It helped me a lot in the past but I just decided that its not for me anymore. Every day I feel just that little bit better. All my friends know now that I'm off the drink and have been pretty good about it. I have still been going out and hanging out with my mates when they are drinking but I can't be around them all night. A few hours is enough for me. They wouldn't even remember me going home half the time. Now all i need to do is get motivated to get back to the gym and get fit again...
Old 06-02-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations aussie1

D
Old 06-02-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations Aussie1! Keep up the great work.