Notices

I'm drunk but throwing alcohol down the toilet...

Old 06-01-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

I'm drunk but throwing alcohol down the toilet...

....was the most empowering thing I've ever done.

I got to nearly 2 months and I just had to let that voice back in. Yeah, even though I only had 6 weeks, I thought It would be ok to start skipping meetings (cos I had to concentrate on my work), stop calling my sponsor (because she was too busy), stop thinking about step work (because if I'm not in touch with sponsor, I can't possibly read the steps, right?) So I was ok until I got to nearly 8 weeks and then...well...you know what happens when you stop working on your recovery.

I was wrong. Alcohol is like my abusive father. He kept beating my mother and made her keep away from her family. Well, alcohol, you've abused me for the last time. You;ve kept me away from meetings, my sponsor, the steps, and - most importantly- sobriety. But for the last time. Have fun in the sewers, sweetie. The toilet is where you belong.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Louise I really needed that post today! Tuesday will be my 8 week mark. Today I was pissed that I couldn't drink. Thank you for reminding me what I would feel Like if I did drink. I'm sooo happy for you and your realizations. No you didn't dump it down the sink you gave it a much more appropriate home with all the other s*%t!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Originally Posted by InperfectlyMe View Post
Thanks Louise I really needed that post today! Tuesday will be my 8 week mark. Today I was pissed that I couldn't drink. Thank you for reminding me what I would feel Like if I did drink. I'm sooo happy for you and your realizations. No you didn't dump it down the sink you gave it a much more appropriate home with all the other s*%t!
Oh honey, you're so right not to pick up that first drink. It really does get worse rather than better. And well done on nearly 8 weeks! Haha, yes, i thought the toilet would somehow be more appropriate than the sink.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and working on recovery Louise.

I think it's ideal if you can incorporate your recovery into your every day routine. You know you can do this!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm glad you're back and working on recovery Louise.

I think it's ideal if you can incorporate your recovery into your every day routine. You know you can do this!
Really good point. For some reason I thought recovery didn't have to be an every day thing, even thought I'd only been sober a few weeks. I'm now ready to accept that yes, recovery is an every day thing for the rest of my life and yes, it's ok to enjoy it without getting stressed out about work.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The toilet is an excellent place providing it hasn't travelled through our bodies
Old 06-01-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

well i would of sold it back to the liquor store
Old 06-01-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow Louise, what a powerful post! One step after the other. It's ok to dance along the way too
Old 06-01-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

"Half measures availed us nothing .... we asked His protection and care with complete abandon"

I think you are being restored to sanity, Louise. Don't drink and go to meetings

All the best.

Bob R