Notices

Scared and Confused

Old 06-01-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared and Confused

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site, but have read stories from sites like these all the time.
My bf is a recovering addict and has been sober for 4 months now. I stood by his side throughout the 3 months he was in rehab, and things have been getting better with our relationship until now. I still on occassion to out with friends and drink, but I do not drink around him. He gets mad when I go out as he cannot drink anymore and is having issues dealing with it, but has not drank at all since before rehab. I just want to know if anyone else has been in this position and what the outcome was. I know everyone is different, but he doesn't know if he'll ever be comfortable with me going out. It's definately causing problems and he doesn't even know if we'll still be together down the road. Him changing his life, being sober, and me being the same person I was before he went into rehab. I sometimes think he'd be happier with someone going through what he is and that they'd understand him better. This is a big issue in our relationship as of recent. Guess I just joined this site for some type of therapy, I guess you could say. I need to hear from other people who are going through the same thing. I don't know if we'll get past this and that's killing me
Old 06-01-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Please check out our Friends and Family members of Alcoholics:

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

It is a really great forum with folks that have a lot of Experience, Strength, and Hope (ES&H) to share.

Love and hugs,
Old 06-01-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR av1234. Laurie has pointed you in the right direction. Many here have had similar experiences. I hope you find the help and support you need.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR av

D
Old 06-01-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! Take a look at that forum Laurie gave you. Lots of insight there.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Its not fair for him to place his emotions and feeling onto you. This is the worst kind of addict and honestly, they **** me off. Its his own journey and it sounds like you have been taking care of him this whole time. He needs to learn to take care of himself and not put his shortcomings or issues onto you. Its not your responsibility to ensure his sobriety, its his. If he cant do that, then it may be time for you to peace out.