Notices

1st june 2nd of june , weekender thread

Old 06-01-2013, 02:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

1st june 2nd of june , weekender thread

Hi Guy's n' Gall's .
I see no one started a weekender thread . I thought i'd start one .

It's for tangental support .

A place for people to gather and share sober weekend ideas .

I seem to remember at the begining i wonderd what was i going to do with all the spare time . It gets filled believe me !

Let's get on our sober bikes , ride them the best we can all weekend , it's not a race , just staying on is reward enough for now .

If you tumble no need to throw the bike away , get back on as soon as you can and come join us .

*ring ring*

M
Old 06-01-2013, 02:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

This weekend i'm taking mum shopping and doing housework .
It will be nice to have sparkly tiles in the kitchen and all the cupboard doors free from those little marks that appear.

Nothing big planned , although i've be threatening for a while now , i might get the recording equipment out and try and make a song . It's harder than you think tho' .

I am feeling a bit lethargic ,

Take care weekenders , M
Old 06-01-2013, 02:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am taking my mom first thing this morning for her blood work then I go to my home group meeting.

After that I am not sure. It is supposed to rain on and off all day. My neighbor FINALLY got some of the things out of my shed he has been storing there so I think I might get in there and go through some stuff since I can actually get to it now.

I hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 06-01-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for starting the thread! I was looking for it yesterday and noticed the absence of The Baconater and Weasel too. Hope they doing well and check in.
We skipped spring in my area, went from cold to mid 90s...finally some good weather this weekend...i have some tile to scrub too...one of the pets has been sick on it all week.
I'm in a good mood and counting the days until we close on selling mama's house....keeping my fingers crossed...that the inspection goes smooth.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good thread, was going to post something like this.

It's the second weekend night I'm going to spend all alone and I'm bored as ****! Really have nothing to do, no sober friends, everyone are with their families/bfs/gfs.

I hear this voice that tells me: "let's take a 6 pack and unwind, everything will become SO interesting!". But I know it will NEVER be 6 pack. I will do at least 20 and wake up tomorrow feeling like **** and suicidal. But now, cold beer sounds very tempting. I'm 100+ days and this **** seems to never end.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I need to do some yard work, but don't want to overdo it since it is in the 90s. Same issue with exercise in general. What happened to spring on the East Coast. We were robbed!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Freddy ,
I hope you find something else to focus on . That voice telling you that stuff is just wrong .
I tend to call it my "crazy old alkie brain" and i know it is just full of old rubbish .

I'd rather be bored than drunk or hungover ever again , every time it tried i just sat and stared it down , focused on doing something different , even if it felt like i was sleepwalking through the distractions .

I'm 630 days and that kinda stuff died off after the first year for me , i remain vigilant though , maybe it will be the same for you ? there is only one way to find out .. stick with us ,

Bestwishes, M
Old 06-01-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A warm Saturday morning as well here in Vermont! As we experienced much rain and flooding last weekend the Memorial Day Parade I enjoy is today. I will be going to a meeting after that. I've been going more lately as I need to meet and be around more sober people. I've also been experieincing a lot of wanting to drink. My relationship is falling apart and it needs to but it is a struggle as I am sober, he is not, and my sobritey is more important. It's not that I'm being better than; it is a reality that I will die if I drink and I've learned this the hard way. Not sure what after the meeting but I plan on relaxing and taking care of me somehow! Thank you for the thread mecanix!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Stay strong soberclover ,

Bestwishes, M
Old 06-01-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Present and accounted for Ms. fandy!

Hey M and the bunch!

Ring ring!

Non? Calling all non?
Old 06-01-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Signing in. I miss beer gardens and I hate myself for the fact that I do. I must find a new circle if friends. Sure riding bikes with folks is fun but its not really socializing is it? Harrumph. Hubby's birthday today. Dinner and dessert. I don't want to go tbh. I feel bummed this weekend.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sober weekend here! Watching some TV, playing the Sims, and posting here.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Guess the weekend thread is dwindling... Lol

I am here. Wish I felt better. But it is what it is huh?

Have a good day.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

We have the Power to make this a good Day! It is Sunday, the sun is out, you and i are sober....we can go anywhere, eat well, enjoy the day and remember it...see a movie, eat pizza, take a drive, get some fresh air.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

It is a bit quiet this weekend .
I guess in a way june is at the opposite end of the calendar to january . Although it seems like a foriegn land now i can remember when sunny weather used to be a big motivator to ignore and deny any problems and to live and withdraw into my alcoholic bubble . It's quite nice weather here in the UK today .

It's nice to live in reality insomuch as i can percieve it nowdays though .

Bestwishes , M
Old 06-02-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Glad for the break in between thunderstorms here! Bought my dog one of those Thundershirts and some "calm-down pills". Both work to a degree but he still freaks out. I am tired today! Not a ton lined up on my plate today so that is good. I'm feeling really good that I didn't cave in to the craving I was experiecing towards end of week an Friday. There was no happy or fun to my drinking towards the end and I need to remember that. It's a head thing really for me at this point. I agree mecanix that it is good to live in reality today!
Old 06-02-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sunday morning. I am on day 4 of meds for thyroid. I don't know how long I have to take them before I feel better. Tired, really really absent minded, very sore body. I cant climb the stairs without holding onto the bannister and leaning on the wall. I have a scalloped tongue. BUT, I am sober. I can't imagine drinking now. When I quit drinking I did not get a great burst of energy so I quit smoking and still did not feel re-vitalized. I asked for a thyroid test. Bingo. Yesterday I smelled cigarette smoke while I was at the drugstore. I stood there and had the hardest craving. I was not as digusted with my smoking addiction as I was with my drinking. The smell of booze sickens me. Got 9 inches of hair cut off my head yesterday. I flipped out when I looked at myself this morning. I am thinking," What have I done to myself???" I was sober when I did it too. My God. Poor Poor Pitiful Me.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm on day 3 in a repeating cycle of days 1, 2, and 3. When I had been clean for 6mos. doing something here and there was fun again to a certain degree. As my disease progressed it is no longer fun anymore, and of course I feel like crap now. This is my only day off this week, and there is so much to do around the house.

Went to a meeting yesterday, and felt better for the remainder of the night. There's no way I can go to one today. I'm just gonna try to make it minute by minute. If I could get some of this work done I would feel so much better.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I hope I can come back here next weekend and tell you all I'm on day 10!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day 4 today is finishing for me. I woke up this morning at around 5am (I've always been an early riser) and had an intense craving for breakfast. Went to a hotel breakfast buffet and chowed down. It was beautiful. Coffee refill yes please.

During my latest run of drinking I would have no appetite and force feed myself a meal a day in the late afternoon. Very picky, too, something simple and fatty and fried. That became normal.

To have breakfast.. something so simple.. really represents what alcohol takes from me. Every little good thing about life. I love food and do not enjoy hating it.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Wow, I think this has been a tough weekend for a lot of people. Both my wife and I got that impression from dealing with the public at work. I think it has something to do with solar activity. There were auroras (northern and southern lights) going on, and I learned when I worked at a hotel that this makes people edgy.

Here's a website by someone from NASA to monitor space weather:

SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids

Last edited by Coldfusion; 06-02-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: added link