Notices

Slight slip-up

Old 05-30-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slight slip-up

Ok - so I was doing really well and then last night I just craved a glass of red wine - so I had one which turned into me and the hubby sharing 2 bottles on a school night. I guess the positive I have to take from this is that I stopped at one bottle (for me) and I remember the whole night - no blackouts, and to be honest we had a good laugh but I was doing sooooo well and now I feel as if I've totally cheated.

I also felt sooo bloody rough this morning that I just dozed on the couch which is just crap mummy skills. I am such a better mum when I'm not hungover and although yes I did manage to keep my **** together I do know that it is a slippery slope for me - so here we go again

In bed with day 1 done and attempting to finish my Alan Carr book

Hope everyone's doing well
Old 05-30-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're giving it another go.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep trying and don't stop. Jason Vale also does an amazing book if you are into reading. It totally changed my perspective on drinking. Good luck!
Old 05-30-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up. Keep moving forward and its so great that you were able to share your experience honestly with the forum. That's great stuff.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back

I'm glad that nothing bad happened - but those were the most dangerous nights for me, Sarah.

They planted the seed that maybe it was possible to have nights like these again.

I'm sorry you feel rough today but I think that's a better lesson to take away - one glass turned into a bottle.

How much of your struggle have you shared with your husband?

D
Old 05-30-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

Good on you for having another go. I wonder where your partner is with you and sobriety? it helped me that my wife supported what I was trying to do, and thankfully still does.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi All, thank you so much for your messages and i will definitely look into the Jason Vale book once I have finished the Alan Carr one .

Today is day 2 and I feel great today so off to take the kids to a big play area to make up for me doing nothing yesterday .

I am really lucky to have an amazing hubby who is supporting me totally through this - he hates my drinking and could never understand why I couldn't stop. I have promised him hundreds of times that I will stop but these last 2 weeks have been the first time I've followed through with actually trying and I know he really likes what I'm trying to do.

I agree that for me i can never be comfortable with drinking alcohol as it makes me damn right crazy and I am hoping that one day I will be rid of it all together - in the meantime I will keep coming on this site and reading about the issue - I would never have imagined a month ago that I could have got this far

I hope everyone's doing well and thanks again for all of the support

Xx
Old 05-30-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovering

Well done for getting back on the wagon straight away (I was never very good at that). You probably know that it probably says something to consider a full bottle of wine a "slight slip" and positive to stop at. By ordinary people's standards a full bottle of wine to oneself is a heck of a lot to consume in a single evening, especially on a weekday.