Notices

My First Day!

Old 05-29-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My First Day!

Today is my first day living within a Sober Living community. I actually feel so low right now. I've been sober but my wife has continued to drink and when she does, I get nailed for everything I did while being under the influence. My daughter could not tolerate the back and forth between us and I began to become very angry and required my freedom back. My wife became so controlling until it was making me sick to my stomach. So I moved into a Sober living facility about 40 minutes away from where I live. It's so quiet here and I feel lost and confused. I already miss my daughter and though I'm sober today I just don't get it all. I thought sobriety was to bring happiness not distance between your family. Oh well, I'm headed to a meeting in less than a hour.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Livingtoday View Post
I thought sobriety was to bring happiness not distance between your family. Oh well, I'm headed to a meeting in less than a hour.
Sobriety can bring happiness eventually, but it doesn't happen in one day. You need to give it time. Rest assured that you ARE doing the right thing though by trying to be sober. You will be able to finally confront many of the issues you hid or drowned out by drinking before. And it won't be an easy road, but it will get better over time - much better than it could ever be drinking.

Hope you have a good meeting, please keep an open mind and stay in touch here on SR.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like you made the right decision by removing yourself from a stressful situation. Do they have family therapy sessions at your sober living facility?

Stay in constant contact with your daughter so she feels your love and hopefully your wife will come around soon. Tough situation, but you are doing wonderful by taking control of your life and sobriety.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks a million for your positive responses. Yes...I do know I made the right decision because I feel totally different today. My roommate is nice and we talked for several hours this morning. I'm able to come home and see my daughter and all that great stuff. It's so wonderful knowing that I can leave and not have to deal with some of the negative crap my wife likes to bring up.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you feel better about things today

D