Can't count on an addict!

Old 05-28-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't count on an addict!

My opiate addict/alcoholic husband was starting too do pretty well. He was attending AA with my sponsor's husband, staying sober (a few slip ups),got back to work, was paying bills, giving me extra spending money and was being quite respectful. A week ago, a very physically healthy me took a turn for the worst.I went to the emergency room with severe pelvic pain and blood in my urine, was put on medication, referred to a urologist NY my physician and have to under go a series of many invasive tests. I was diagnosed with cystitis, an incurable condition of the bladder that causes severe pain and medications that I will have to take for the rest of my life. I was also waiting for some test results from my doctor for ongoing joint pain and was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis all in the same week. My husband dipped!He is back to drinking and buying pills from his mother and is staying with her again. She has convinced him that I am lying about my condition and and that I am a no good mother who has never contributed anything to the marriage. She is mad because I found out that she is back to selling him pills. I am on strict bed rest at home with 5 children. Good thing that zip have a wonderful mother, grandmother, sponsor and neighbor that are helping. Anyone had their addict take off in such a time of great need?
Old 05-28-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you are in such pain and sorry you have to deal with this alone.

I've been fortunate that I haven't had major medical issues but I have one story I can relate to this. I broke my foot last year. The day I went to the ER my foot went in a cast and I was told I couldn't drive and I had to walk on crutches for a few weeks. That's kind of difficult when you have a toddler running around. My ex's drug dealer started calling which started a huge argument. Of course, my ex jerk took off and broke up with me after that leaving me at home alone when he was supposed to stay with me and help out for a few weeks while I was on crutches.

Of course, I would find out later he relapsed. Shocking!

I hope you have enough help around you and support. That's really sad that this guy is getting his pills from his own mother.