Notices

New to this site

Old 05-27-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to this site

Hi all... My name is Tiffany. Just signed up for this site today. I was online searching for answers about depression, anxiety, and alcoholism when I found this forum. I've been sober for 436 days and the last 4 months or so have been very difficult. Well, let's be honest... it's been difficult this whole time. The difference being that, in the first 9 months or so I was primarily fighting off the excruciating cravings to drink. After that it's been dealing with the insanity of my own mind....anxiety, fear, depression, anger, etc.

I have much to be grateful for...decent job, great place to live with two other sober women, people that love me, a trusty bike to get me around, a great sponsor, etc. But I can't shake the internal turmoil. I'm working steps to the best of my ability around all of my difficulties and talking regularly with my sponsor about it all. I'm heavy into service and hitting 3-4 meetings a week. But I'm struggling big time.

I don't know what I'm looking for here... but I'm down and it's raining and I'm in isolate mode, so I thought... "What the heck."
Old 05-27-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Tiffany

sometimes I think it helps just to talk it out and know people understand - you're among friends here

D
Old 05-27-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Tiffany!!

Like Dee, I found it really helpful to "talk" to people who got me and what I was going through.

Congratulations on some good sober time!

Have you been to a dr.? The reason I ask, is that even after years of recovery, I was still having some pretty strong depression and went to my dr. FWIW, I've abused alcohol, pills and crack. I didn't want ANY kind of daily medicine, but an anti-depressant has helped.

Sometimes it's not all about the abuse or recovery. Best thing is to talk to a dr., be honest, and check out your options.

Regardless, you've just joined a really big family that's pretty cool and supportive

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-27-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Amy. I haven't seen a doctor. I have been considering trying to get back into therapy, but just haven't made the call. Thanks again for the cheer.

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
Welcome to SR Tiffany!!

Like Dee, I found it really helpful to "talk" to people who got me and what I was going through.

Congratulations on some good sober time!

Have you been to a dr.? The reason I ask, is that even after years of recovery, I was still having some pretty strong depression and went to my dr. FWIW, I've abused alcohol, pills and crack. I didn't want ANY kind of daily medicine, but an anti-depressant has helped.

Sometimes it's not all about the abuse or recovery. Best thing is to talk to a dr., be honest, and check out your options.

Regardless, you've just joined a really big family that's pretty cool and supportive

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-27-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Welcome to SR
U seem to be doing evthg a sponsor would look for in a sponsee...Have u spoken to a doc or psychologist? They might better give you an answer that may not be as obvious
Otherwise, its good you are here & share what's on you're mind so that you don't loose that yr plus you've worked so hard for
Old 05-27-2013, 09:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome!
I stumbled across this site this morning after 4 days of sobriety and constant withdrawal symptoms and urges. It has been absolutely amazing reading the posts, getting wonderful feedback, and just talking to people. Earlier this morning, I was wondering if I could do it. Now, with support, I actually think this could become a reality. Seriously- talking to people who know what you're going through makes a lot of difference.