Notices

It Took Seven Years..........

Old 05-27-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It Took Seven Years..........

But I have six months clean for the first time since Sept. 2006. Thank you to all of you, and all the wonderful people of my local AA groups. Sorry I haven't been able to post as much, I've been extremely busy. Hopefully I'll be able to update my recovery blog as to what's gone on in months 3-6. It's been a wild ride. Thanks for all the support! I need all the help I can get. Thanks for being there for me! It was actually May 25th, but I haven't had the time to post. So, thanks again! Bye!
Old 05-27-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on the 6 months Squizz

D
Old 05-27-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great job, Squizz! I'm so happy to hear the good news.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done Squizz.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats to you!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Congrats! Great job!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Way to go squizzle,

Keep up the good reports! Yay! Tell us how u been doin it and give them new folks some hope!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 months!!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Congrats on 6 months Squizz!! Great job, and I'm glad you checked in to tell us!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 months.

Have you taken the steps in AA?

The reason I ask is that I've never seen you mention that throughout the last couple of years.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

congratulations! Glad we could be part of it!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great job Squizz!! It took me WAY more than 6 years (I'm talking decades) so I'm really glad you're not following MY path Good to hear from you again, especially with good news.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-28-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nirvana1 View Post
Congrats on 6 months.

Have you taken the steps in AA?

The reason I ask is that I've never seen you mention that throughout the last couple of years.
Yes. I've gone as far as step 8. And step work *does* help. But even stepwork couldn't keep me clean for the longest time. I've done as honest as a 5th step as I could muster, and got drunk shortly afterward.

Stepwork wasn't my problem. Getting active in the program wasn't my problem either. I did those things. They didn't keep me clean. But I will highlight exactly what the crux of my problems are and were, and what I did differently about them this time around, in my recovery blog.

I wish I had more time to post here, but I really don't. These days, if I'm not at work, I'm at a meeting or sleeping. Which is good. I'm finally living a productive life again. Feels good.

And thanks again for all the support. I know I could be pretty mean-spirited at times, but I was usually dryer than a bone when I made those posts. Restless, irritable, discontent? You betcha'.

But I'm in a much healthier place now, and I'll explain how I was able to get there, even through MUCH adversity.

So thanks again. Bye!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Squizz View Post
Yes. I've gone as far as step 8. And step work *does* help. But even stepwork couldn't keep me clean for the longest time. I've done as honest as a 5th step as I could muster, and got drunk shortly afterward.

Stepwork wasn't my problem. Getting active in the program wasn't my problem either. I did those things. They didn't keep me clean. But I will highlight exactly what the crux of my problems are and were, and what I did differently about them this time around, in my recovery blog.

I wish I had more time to post here, but I really don't. These days, if I'm not at work, I'm at a meeting or sleeping. Which is good. I'm finally living a productive life again. Feels good.

And thanks again for all the support. I know I could be pretty mean-spirited at times, but I was usually dryer than a bone when I made those posts. Restless, irritable, discontent? You betcha'.

But I'm in a much healthier place now, and I'll explain how I was able to get there, even through MUCH adversity.

So thanks again. Bye!
6 months is so great and I just know that if you honestly completed all 12 steps with a sponsor it would literally be night and day. It really would be worth your time...
Old 05-28-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Welcome back