Notices

Man I sure am having to let a lot of things go today

Old 05-26-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grateful

Man I sure am having to let a lot of things go today

My dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday. Today just about everything is getting on my last nerve. I guess the positive thing is instead of "reacting" I am thinking each instance through and deciding whether or not saying something will help the other person or not. So far every time the answer has been no, it will not help the other person and only make me feel worse about myself after saying it. Then I have to let it go. I'm even telling you guys I have to let it go so I can read it for myself LOL.

I'm guessing that my dad being in the hospital is worrying me more than I have let on to myself. Plus him and mom were at the beach when he got sick so he is in a hospital down there which is 3 hours away. Meanwhile I'm home taking care of my geriatric dog and fireworks are going off which she is deathly afraid of (she thinks it's thunder).

Thanks for listening. I couldn't make it to a meeting tonight so I'm having my own mini-meeting right here. Anyone want to share?
Old 05-26-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope your Dad will be back on his feet in no time GH.

My days ok - just someone next door building a fence outside right next to my window...
I hate nail guns

D
Old 05-26-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

being sober is the best possible thing you could do for your dad. having a clear mind is so important in times like these. the rest is in Gods hands
Old 05-26-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Grungehead, I wish the best for your dad. Just tough it out, using would only make it worse. Rootin for ya.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your Dad is okay and I know how much fireworks can scare a pet.

I'm glad that you came here to post about your concerns.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I really hope that your father will be alright. You are making it through, and that is awesome. Keep up the good work.
I just finished unpacking the house even though we have lived here for a year. Fireworks are very intense for pets. You all will be alright! Keep on keeping on!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grateful

Thanks everyone, I'm doing ok. Actually going through the process of letting the minor stuff go felt good afterwards. I guess the thinker is starting to work again.

Dad is resting comfortably and mom is by his side. He has a bowel obstruction so we're all hoping "this too shall pass" in next day or two so he doesn't need surgery (he's 82).