Hi everyone! wanted to let you all know I am still alive!

Old 05-25-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! wanted to let you all know I am still alive!

Hello SR family, I have been away from the boards for a while as my husband's family from India has been in town and we have been on a whirlwind vacation. 8 days in beautiful Kauai, and then 3 days in Vegas and Universal studios, sheesh I am tired .
JJ is still in jail and there is a final hearing on June 18 at which time he will either be re-admitted to rehab or face revocation of probation meaning prison.
Either way, I am thankful he is alive and sober while in jail. Funny but I see and talk to him much more now than I did when he was living with us as an active heroin user.
I am very accepting that I am entirely powerless and can do NOTHING but support sobriety and love the person not the addict.
I am helping his public defender in any way I can but his complete disregard when he left rehab is a sore topic for the district attorney.
I appreciate everyone continuing to pray for JJ and I will keep you all posted.
Love and Hugs,
Teresa
PS: I had a wonderful time on my vacation and kept my codieness to a bare minimum
JJ couldn't reach us one day and he panicked thinking our plane crashed. I gently reminded him that I would feel that way all the time when I couldn't reach him. Touche'!
Old 05-25-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You sound so happy, this vacation is really boosting your spirits and that's all good.

I'm glad jj is being given the chance to face the consequences for his choices and learn lessons he needs to face life on life's terms.

It's amazing how fast our kids learn when we get out of the way.

Keeping your boy in my prayers. It's great to hear from you too.

Hugs
Old 05-25-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So good to hear you had a terrific vacation! I'm so happy for you! I know whatever happens with your son is an essential part of his journey. You've done such an amazing job working your program that you know real change is possible when he's ready to embrace it. Welcome home! I've missed seeing you here!
Old 05-25-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Teresa!
So good to hear from you! You vacation sounds wonderful! And it sounds like you are enjoying yourself. Good for you!!!

Glad to hear that JJ is clean and sober...even if he is in jail....you know that we understand the positive side of that. You and JJ continue to be in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

gentle hugs
ke