Notices

Six months

Old 05-24-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Six months

Six months sober today and all i want to do is drink. I had to really think things over. Remembering all the reasons I stopped drinking in the first place. I had to remember how many times alcohol hurt me, how many times I've hurt people bc I was drunk, all the fist fights I got into. I can't believe I used to think I was cool hurting people for the hell of it. All the thinking I did made me feel sad and embarrassed by my past behavior. It also made me feel proud of myself for getting this far in my sobriety I never thought I could do a week with out alcohol. I used to drink even when I didn't want to I would make myself sick with all my binge drinking. I was so unhealthy now I'm losing weight and my skin is clearing up and I look and feel a 100 times better.

I didn't realize how many of my friends drank so much because I convinced them to drink with me every night. They still drink but not as often because I'm not there to pressure them. It makes me feel guilty for putting them through that life style. I feel better now knowing they've slowed down.

On the up side I'm able to go out and have fun with out booze. It used to get me mad when someone would tell me I didn't need booze to have fun.
Omg all the emotions I'm feeling can be over whelming for me. I never felt emotions like this since before I started drinking. That was eleven years ago. I forgot what it was like to feel and process emotions and thoughts.
I'm glad that I've taken the time to try and better my life, I love my boyfriend so much ,I never want to put him through those stupid situations again. He treats me so good now, we treat each other good. I don't want to let him down I want him to be happy with me. He was going to leave me and I didn't care I was going to keep drinking and let him leave. I used to say if you really loved me you wouldn't care if I drink. That is such a selfish thing to say, I realize that now.

If my drinking buddy didn't die because she was drunk I wouldn't have stopped drinking, I would be single and miserable with out him. I would be drunk flipping out on people because I'm still grieving my best friend.

If you're thinking about using again just sit there and think about it. Remember all those reasons you quit. You will be happy with your sobriety if you give it a chance. Stay strong, love yourself and have respect for your sobriety. It will be what keeps you alive and well.

I love you all and proud of every single one of you , whether you're sober for one day or ten years you have my respect. Keep on keeping on <3
Old 05-25-2013, 12:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
instant

Stash. For me six months marked the end of the beginning. Learning how to use those emotions once they are working properly again takes time. Stick with it.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on six months. It sounds like you are really appreciating the benefits of being sober. Hang in there
Old 05-25-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Six months sober today and all i want to do is drink. I had to really think things over. Remembering all the reasons I stopped drinking in the first place. I had to remember how many times alcohol hurt me, how many times I've hurt people bc I was drunk, all the fist fights I got into. I can't believe I used to think I was cool hurting people for the hell of it. All the thinking I did made me feel sad and embarrassed by my past behavior. It also made me feel proud of myself for getting this far in my sobriety I never thought I could do a week with out alcohol. I used to drink even when I didn't want to I would make myself sick with all my binge drinking. I was so unhealthy now I'm losing weight and my skin is clearing up and I look and feel a 100 times better.

I didn't realize how many of my friends drank so much because I convinced them to drink with me every night. They still drink but not as often because I'm not there to pressure them. It makes me feel guilty for putting them through that life style. I feel better now knowing they've slowed down.

On the up side I'm able to go out and have fun with out booze. It used to get me mad when someone would tell me I didn't need booze to have fun.
Omg all the emotions I'm feeling can be over whelming for me. I never felt emotions like this since before I started drinking. That was eleven years ago. I forgot what it was like to feel and process emotions and thoughts.
I'm glad that I've taken the time to try and better my life, I love my boyfriend so much ,I never want to put him through those stupid situations again. He treats me so good now, we treat each other good. I don't want to let him down I want him to be happy with me. He was going to leave me and I didn't care I was going to keep drinking and let him leave. I used to say if you really loved me you wouldn't care if I drink. That is such a selfish thing to say, I realize that now.

If my drinking buddy didn't die because she was drunk I wouldn't have stopped drinking, I would be single and miserable with out him. I would be drunk flipping out on people because I'm still grieving my best friend.

If you're thinking about using again just sit there and think about it. Remember all those reasons you quit. You will be happy with your sobriety if you give it a chance. Stay strong, love yourself and have respect for your sobriety. It will be what keeps you alive and well.

I love you all and proud of every single one of you , whether you're sober for one day or ten years you have my respect. Keep on keeping on <3
thank you for posting this Stash..
Old 05-25-2013, 01:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Stash, 6 months? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. For me the intensity of the cravings has disappeared, but I wonder if the cravings will ever go away entirely. Remembering all the stupid krap I did helps me not to drink to. Rootin for ya.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done on the six months Stash