Notices

Acceptance

Old 05-24-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Acceptance

So I think I have a drinking problem. Well i know I do but I don't really want to stop. But I'm tired of blacking out and having my friends tell me what embarrasing stuff i did the night before. I'm tired of drinking mouthwash and other non food alcohols so that i don't reak of it in the morning. Ive lost some good friendships because I constantly use them to get alcohol since I am underage. Just trying to get some help before its too late.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome turbo! You have made the all important first step to recovery. There is a better life waiting for you. This board is very helpful, and you will find that people here understand what you are going through.

Best wishes on your recovery!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You're smart to stop now before it gets worse... and it will get worse.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi turbotank - welcome

What I really wanted was to drink, as much as I wanted, and not suffer the bad consequences - but if you're a drinker like me you can't have one without the other.

I had to accept that - and I'm glad I did - I function much better as a non drinker

Whats your plan to quit?

D
Old 05-24-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Turbo

I joined myself yesterday. I think you have realized your situation relatively early and that is good. I was lying in bed this morning looking back over my drinking days, and I may be what they call a high functioning binge drunk, but I was a massive drunk just the same. I wished the bell had rung for me a lot earlier.

Get your plan together and keep up the human contact.
See ya on the boards
Old 05-24-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
instant

If you are not sure you want to stop the SMART pros and cons list of drinking Vs abstinence vs moderation is a good way to go. It has a specific name as a "tool" but i forget gat that was.

In light if my experience, pros and cons lists assume the degree of control a drinker has will stay the same. My control was eroded big time over years of drinking, and things got worse. Thankfully i found may way out and have gone from not being able to envisage life without drinking to being very comfortable with sobriety (I love it)