a little high, a little low

Old 05-14-2004, 11:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a little high, a little low

I'm just sitting here at about 11:00 trying to come down from the high(not drug induced) of being involved in this great elementary school play I helped direct that my 5th grader was in, "the sound of music", it was so incredible. Consequently, I have been up to my eye-balls in busyness and doing stuff to get ready and working, etc, etc. I guess I stupidly had the hopes that he wouldn't pick today to drink.... I know, that was a dumb expectation. We had his mom over for mother's day (belated) and lots over after the play for dessert and coffee, to celebrate. I just really needed a partner today. I'm just really grieving over feeling so alone in trying to make life a celebration and great experience for my kids. My daughter was soooooo terrific. And he came, and he enjoyed it , and he didn't know any different, so why am I so bummed? It's just another all-alone experience, I guess, and I needed to share that with you, my wonderful support system that doesn't immediately set out to tar and feather him when I share these disappointments. Thanks for listening!
(tear falling.....)
But it was awesome I must say, I am such a proud mama!
Old 05-15-2004, 04:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by McTired
I'm just really grieving over feeling so alone in trying to make life a celebration and great experience for my kids.
(((((McTired)))))
I'm glad you got your "proud mama" moment.
Those are moments for the treasure box, yeah?
Gabe
Old 05-15-2004, 05:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

((McHappy)),
I know.
I am now filling a new treasure box of my own with those moments.
I wish I could have seen your daughter on stage.