I guess he is in the hospital

Old 05-23-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
My emotional baggage

I guess he is in the hospital

If you followed my other thread you will remember I had a very upsetting visit back to my home I used to share with my STXAH. I was very concerned about his appearance and the state of his house.

I just had a text from my girlfriend, who's husband used to work with my STBXAH. They still share mutual friends. Apparently the mutual friend had to take my STBXAH to the hospital on Tuesday for "dehydration". I had my sister call the hospital and apparently he is still there. It must be something more because, now I am not a doctor, but I would think they would be just giving him IV fluids and he would be home by now if he was just dehydrated.

I am not sure what to think about this. Not sure how to feel. I guess I will just wait and see. I just knew something was really wrong on Monday, I had a feeling something was coming. Just worried mainly for my boys about what this means. Just wanted to write it down to get some of the feelings out. If I learn more I will log back on.

4MyBoys
Old 05-23-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is good to get this out in the open.
I am not a doctor, and I certainly am not gonna guess anything here.
I hope he recovers and finds some peace in his life.
For your sons.

4MyBoys, I will be praying for all of you.

That whatever happens, happens for the highest good.
That is what I believe.

Thinking of you at this difficult time,

Beth
Old 05-23-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dehydration can cause stress on the organs. If he maybe was already having a problem, the dehydration could have made it worse.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Alcoholics are often dehydrated. Alcohol is a diuretic. Alcoholics are also usually malnourished--I drank my calories, instead of eating. I actually thought of alcohol as a diet aid--it worked in terms of losing weight, but what a gawdawfully unhealthy way to do it!

And all kinds of other problems occur--liver damage, heart/circulatory problems, brain damage. In quantity, or when consumed on a constant basis, alcohol is poison.

I'm sorry you are all dealing with this.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear that. It's never good to hear the father of your children is ill. I pray he recovers both physically and mentally. Prayers for you and the boys during this difficult time. Continue to take care of you. It's in your HP,s hands now.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

maybe they are detoxing him
Old 05-24-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
maybe they are detoxing him
Yeah--my second husband went into the hospital with pneumonia, and wound up with an unplanned detox. He actually went into severe withdrawal and wound up comatose for a couple of weeks.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thinking of you 4myboys... At least he is in better hands in the hospital than he was when he was living alone... I hope he finds a way to get well and can be a dad to those boys. Your boys are so very lucky to have you!
Old 05-24-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Sending healing thoughts and prayers for you and the boys, and prayers that this will be an 'awakening' for you AH.

Dehydration by itself can be a bitch! I have been there several times in the last few years, mine being caused by an infection I didn't know I had. It was so bad I was hallucinating. Thankfully my daughter found me and took me to the hospital, where I stayed for 5 days each time. I have diabetes and dehydration can be an ongoing problem, lol usually I am very diligent about drinking enough water daily, but ............... I guess sometimes I get behind.

You are doing a GREAT job as a single mother!!! I have no doubt you will intuitively know what to say to the boys when the time is right!

Love and hugs,
Old 05-24-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

4MyBoys,
Maybe this could be a good thing for him. Presumably, he is in good care at the hospital - and obviously it was necessary to bring him there - so, one could see the possibility of him getting the help he needs as a result.
What will be will be....your boys have you and you will help then through this no matter how it turns out. You are a spectacular Mom and a source of such strength and stability for them - thank goodness.
Sending lots of support and hugs.
MamaKit