Notices

Iam finished.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

Iam finished.

I have been around for a while, I have had a few spells of sobriety but today I have woken up and realise I can't keep living this way. My partner wants me out and I will lose the most important thing in my life my little girl. It's the only thing I really care about but obviously I love alcohol more otherwise I would stay sober so I can live with her. I don't think I can do it as I have had so many relapses and broken promises to myself. The guilt and doom I feel today from last nights actions ar
Old 05-23-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

that sucks man I am in kinda the same situation. I stay with someone because of our child, its not the best thing ever but I cope. I really hope even if you have to leave that you try to stay sober for your child at least.

peace and love
Old 05-23-2013, 04:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe if you don't love your partner it might be best for you all if you separate. I know when I stayed living with someone I no longer loved I was more likely to drink. Maybe if you're on your own you can concentrate your resources on your recovery and then be better for your little girl.You won't lose your little girl by moving out-you can be a better dad all round when sober and come to arrangements re access etc. You can do this. I tried so many times before I got sober,you CAN do it
Old 05-23-2013, 04:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yes,,i ditto ready here,,,lion maybe it will be best for you,,sometimes we all need a kick up the bum,,,and ive had plenty,,,but i know you can do this,,,you can xxx
all my lv n hugs xx cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-23-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Our past does not dictate our future - unless we resign ourselves to that.

If you want a different future, you just need to do something different lionhearted.

If you're prepared to do whatever it takes, you'll do it
It's not beyond you - it's not beyond anybody

D
Old 05-23-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You can do this lion. Yesterday morning I was looking at different members here and realizing how many have stayed the course, gotten and stayed clean. Freedom from addiction is amazing and even though we will still have ups and downs..cause that's life, we are so much more prepared. To be able to be fully present in life, no matter what, is fantastic.

You have to just do it. Stop messing around and do it.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't think you love alcohol more than your little girl. You are caught up in addiction and it's hard....but it's possible to overcome. Keep trying, for yourself and your little girl.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hi Lionhearted1

My sober life started with one morning when I felt things really needed to change and when I was able to accept that I was going to work to embrace a life without alcohol.

The first few months were pretty miserable as the cravings were pretty bad and I wasn't sleeping well, but since then it's been brilliant.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Lion, you are usually reticent about your recovery "program" in your posts, which is fine. But it begs the question, is it because you are just private about what you are doing? Or is the problem that you don't have a program?

No suggestions about what recovery program you should attempt...you've had a ton of them. However, after many years of struggling and finally "getting it" I've observed this: You get out of recovery what you put into it.

Look within. Are you doing everything you can to stay sober? If not, redouble your efforts, or as Dee suggested, try something else until you find what works.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lion, I had so much shame and guilt, and so many broken promises to myself.
But I kept trying. And I finally got here. Please don't give up...

Pondlady is so right ~ you don't love alcohol more than your little girl; it's just a lie our head tells us so it can have more booze.

You can do this!

Love Venus xx
Old 05-23-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

"We thought conditions drove us to drink..." Of course you love your daughter. You drink because you are an alcoholic - that's all. If things were good you would drink to celebrate it. Don't try to figure out the why - you seem to grasp that you have an addiction, which is more than a lot of folks do. Willpower doesn't cut it - nor does just admitting the problem. We are defined by our actions. If you want to stay sober and have failed on your own, don't go it alone. And if groups and programs have failed, ask yourself if you followed the suggestions made by them - like REALLY, no-bs followed them. Something has to change. Your addiction is more powerful than love, or commitment, or willpower - you know this, and it's the same for all of us. I live by the saying "I can't, God can, and He will." It's worked for me - I hope it will for you.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Lionhearted, just by posting this and reaching out for help, you're showing that you do love your daughter more than alcohol. We all deserve to be sober - you deserve to be sober and your little girl deserves you being sober. As long as we keep trying, we are never finished. And I think you do want to keep trying and you do want to succeed.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
AA member

Start again lionhearted,you have been sober before,you can do it again.

Wishing you well.