Notices

Normal?

Old 05-23-2013, 01:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Normal?

Good Morning,

Well here I am on day 5, for the past 2 days I've woken up with headache (almost like a mild hangover) never had one when I was drinking so this seems grossly unfair - just wondered if this was a usual part of detox? Also experiencing a little, er, confusion is the wrong word but more of a second checking myself i.e.. 'why have I come upstairs?' 'What was I going to do?' 'did that happen or did I dream it?' And that one bl**dy finger still won't stop shaking although that improves as the day goes on....

Thanks in advance
Old 05-23-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First few weeks was all over the place, tears no concentration angst, it was still better than the lifeless being I was. It gets better and be careful , might be good to get some help from the GP it also helps making your plans wriggle proof!
John.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds normal to me.

I also have had more headaches then I ever had before. I think they are more tension/stress headaches then anything else. Not everyday but several times a week.

I have also had a hard time concentrating. I read stuff over and over and nothing sticks. I have forgotten things that I don't normally forget. Nothing major but enough to be bothersome. I feel sort of scatterbrained.

A month ago I went to a meeting and forgot my purse...lol I have not forgotten to take my purse anywhere in at least ten years or more.

I have almost two months and it is getting better but I still have a hard time concentrating now and then.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
First few weeks was all over the place, tears no concentration angst, it was still better than the lifeless being I was. It gets better and be careful , might be good to get some help from the GP it also helps making your plans wriggle proof!
John.
Thank you, I'm booked in for the GP to arrange some counselling but more for what lead me to this than the actual alcohol problem. As far as making it wriggle proof, I've told my husband and all my closest friends, they're watching my back big time and I'd feel such a failure if I had a drink
Old 05-23-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Addition

Remember, a drink doesn't mean your a failure it just means you've got to plan around times that are higher risk. If a first you don't succeed try try and try again.
This in no way means I think you can't do it in one go.
John.
Claryhen Archers?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're getting through this and it's a good thing to talk to your dr.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
Remember, a drink doesn't mean your a failure it just means you've got to plan around times that are higher risk. If a first you don't succeed try try and try again.
This in no way means I think you can't do it in one go.
John.
Claryhen Archers?
Yup *blush*
Old 05-23-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No blush needed. Just stay away from the cider club!
John.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Totally normal. Would probably be a good idea as mentioned to check with your GP. Our bodies just need some time to adjust to their new chemical reality.... Read as the whole mind body spiritual unit... Exercise and a clean balanced diet helps a lot of people myself included. Congrats on the time so far. I start feeling really good after about a month, but mileage does vary... Congrats on the time so far.