Notices

Today is my day 3

Old 05-21-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today is my day 3

Day 3 always seems to be the hardest for me. Today is that day. I usually cave on day 3 (followed by 4), haven't made it to day 5 since my son was born 8 months ago. Day 7 seems years away. Planning on staying busy and coming here when feeling stressed. I was very tempted to give my husband my ID and all my credit/debit cards so I couldn't buy alcohol, but I realize I MUST do this myself (although I think for a little extra help, I'll ask him to block my car in the driveway with his.) I'd still be able to get alcohol if I were willing to walk 2 miles, but that's a ridiculous level of desperation I don't think I even have.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Just a suggestion, but how about making very specific plans for what you are going to do, VS just planning on "not drinking". I mean literally - make yourself a calendar or a checklist, and break it down to the smallest time blocks you need. 1-2pm laundry & dishes 2-2:30 read, 2:30-3 nap...etc....

You realize you need to do this yourself, which is great - but you have to figure a way to convert that realization into reality. Perhaps a regimented schedule would help?
Old 05-21-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

You need to challenge those negative thoughts. Be aware of what you are saying to yourself:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Day 3 always seems to be the hardest for me. Today is that day. I usually cave on day 3 (followed by 4), haven't made it to day 5 since my son was born 8 months ago.
Day 3 does not have to be a self fulfilling prophesy.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know and the fact is I have no cravings right now. I also have PLENTY of housework to keep me busy. I can get throught this....
Old 05-21-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Hey there, day 3 here, as well. Sometimes, I have found that simply sleeping and reading and sleeping and reading has been the best thing, till a week has gone by. Then, with my energy back, I find a more planned out schedule is easier to fall into. But at first, I always think it's best for me to take it as easy as possible.

Hang in there, hide under the covers if you have to, anything...but you'll make it.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 3 was a tough one for me, too, but it sounds like you're doing well.

Be sure to plan some fun activities to keep you distracted too.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Congrats on Day three and many more to come! You can get through this and It gets so much better.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 3 is pretty much in the books. It's almost 8 and I'm about ready to crawl into bed. I'm feeling pretty good, now. I did start to crave at about 3:30 when I came home and felt the pressure of the housework that needed to be attended to. I sucked it up, though (and did make my husband block me in the driveway). I WISH I could hide under covers and read, but I just can't. Having time on my hands is a recipe for disaster. Instead, I prefer to keep busy. I don't have bad side effects from the alcohol withdrawl (unless you count a mild case of bitchyness), so I really don't even have an excuse to take it easy. I still haven't gone to a meeting, but I've been on this site off and on all day. Ready to turn in, now. Good night all! May you all make it through another day of sobriety.