Notices

Day 3

Old 05-21-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Hi everyone, day 3 has started well. Withdrawal is easing off so I managed to get some sleep last night. With a clear head i'm starting to really look back at what a dangerous life I was living. My happiness had reached an all time low and I now know that I will never be able to be happy if i'm drinking.

This is not to say it's not going to be seriously difficult. I'm young and every single one of my current friends drink - most of them to excess. I have now come to the difficult conclusion that i'm going to have to start making new friends in order to successfully give up. This is easier to stomach now as my recent and last binge was endured with 4 friends who I feel have lost all respect for me. One of them was on the phone to his girlfriend about 5pm on Saturday and she asked "is he ****** yet", he laughed and replied "yeah he's well ahead of us." This type of thing really hits home for me as i'm a loving person and should have strong relationships that don't revolve around booze.

Reading all your posts and chatting with some of you has really helped me see the light.

To many more days to come!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes - many more days to come. It's wonderful to hear your positive attitude and determination liverbird. Congratulations on Day 3 - you're really doing this.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You sound like you've got a good plan in place. Keep on keepin' on.