Notices

Quite worried...

Old 05-18-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Quite worried...

Hi everyone. I had a really shocking night on Friday evening - drank two bottles of red wine; just lost complete control, couldn't stop...only stopped because the wine ran out. Who knows how much I would have drank if I could have kept going. I was very ill - usual vomiting in the early morning, crippling headache etc. I haven't made myself that ill for a little while.

But now it's Sunday morning here, and I still have a sore stomach from that night. I was incredibly bloated last night which usually happens after a large night drinking and bad food the day after, but I still feel a bit bloated and discomfort in my stomach. I am worried that I have really done myself some damage.

Has anyone had this kind of thing before?

Probably should get to the doctor...just want to see if someone else has experienced this or something similar after drinking?
Old 05-18-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Kelly.

I used to feel that way after consuming too much wine.

But you are right - it's better get to the doctor.

And, maybe make some plan to stay sober -it's worth it)

Keep posting.

Best luck to you.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Of course I have and I know others have as well. I have been binge drinking for last month and it took a few weeks but started to vomit which is just our body saying stop poisoning ourselves. I'm with you right now, I'm not sober but have been cutting back and hope to achieve sobriety in next few days. And lots of people on here can relate to drinking at that level, and we're talking bottles of vodka every day.

But all of us need to achieve sobriety and the stories on here of how people did are incredibly inspiring which is why I'm here right now and telling you you are not alone. I always put on weight when drinking, period. As soon as I stop, the bloat goes away within literally weeks and it will for you too. We just need to end this.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yes I agree. I remember you from when I was last on here...last year sometime...we talked I think?
Old 05-18-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes we did. I has a nice stretch of some clean time before relapsing really badly this time around, it gets worse each time. But we're going to get through this!
Old 05-18-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree that seeing your Dr is best if you're concerned Kelly. Hope you feel better soon

D
Old 05-18-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I used to drink wine and sometimes would be throwing up until 5 pm the day after. I don't miss that at all. My poor body. A dr visit never a bad idea. I hope this gives you the incentive to be sober. It's so worth it.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks for the messages everyone. I am SO done with drinking - just the angst of wondering whether I have damaged my body is awful and so not worth it. This site definitely helps put it all in perspective.

Citylights - I know we can definitely get through it. Sorry to hear about your relapse...
Old 05-18-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Kelly. It's amazing the body's ability to recover. I went through a hospital stay and came out OK last time. But this time--too much, I am with you, time to heal
Old 05-18-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When I would get into the vomiting after drinking it would last well into the afternoon. I could not even keep down water. I'd drink a few sips, and then lay in bed and within 10 mins or so I'd have to vomit. I would just keep taking sips of water in hopes that it would eventually stay down. I'd also try to eat some soda crackers. Once those would stay down, I'd be able to drink some tea.

I feel for you, hon. I hated those mornings/afternoons. It is indeed hell.

Indeed go see a doctor to rule out any damage.

Genie
Old 05-18-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nothing worse than a beautiful day outside, and being sick with a hangover. I hated that most of all! You will get through it, just hang in there. Everyday you get farther away from that last hang over the more you realize how, in a way, it may have just saved your life.