Notices

adjusting

Old 05-18-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

adjusting

8 hours passes by and I realize that what has predominantly been on my mind was alcohol. I watch my friends go out and moderate themselves and I envy that, I feel like they won’t want to hang out with the “sober me”. I’ve had to separate myself from everyone; whether it be because of the influence they have on me or because I’m afraid of letting them down again…aside from AA, work and the a couple of online contacts…I feel completely alone. I'm trying to gain back the trust of some of my loved ones and they still refuse to speak to me. At 21 years old, I never thought I would have to deal with this.

And to think that this is merely the “tip of the iceberg” as far as sobriety goes, that scares me.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It gets better. Trust is earned, and once people see that you are doing good again, it tends to return. Stay strong, stay online and go to as many meetings as possible to cling to the supports you do have. Think of all the things that you want to do now, can do now because you're not drinking. I have found that by giving up 1 thing I have gained 1000 more.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

How long have you been sober? It takes a while to build up trust after it was broken. Keep on doing the next right thing and it will get better, trust me.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
How long have you been sober? It takes a while to build up trust after it was broken. Keep on doing the next right thing and it will get better, trust me.
5 days; definitely not long enough to expect everyone to come running back into my life I suppose lol. Thank you.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome medic - yeah give it a little time. Things will get better in all respects
one of us would be here if they didn't

D