Notices

Hello :)

Old 05-18-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello :)

Hi everyone

I stumbled on this website on google, and I thank the Lord above that I did.

I am an addict. My DOC is oxycodone, and I was once hooked to oxycontin. Essentially, I replaced my oxycontin habit with oxycodone. My father passed away last year, and I found myself digging through the trash looking for oxycontin that my mother said she threw out, and then I just KNEW I had a problem. Since then, I haven't touched an oxycontin but I was having a hard time kicking the addiction to Percs. It's been about a week since I have been clean, and I'm having a hard time.

I first got addicted to Percs when I had a c-section for my daughter. Before then, I had been prescribed Percs but it wasn't a long-term thing, until I had my c-section. I immediately LOVED the way they made me feel...I battle arthritis and degenerative disk disease. My former doctor prescribed NorCo for me, but after failing a random drug test (I tested positive for oxycontin) I was taken off them and slowly descended in to a dismal abyss of addiction and would do anything to get my hands on ANY kind of medication. Now it's been a week since I've taken any Percs and I'm slowly feeling human again. I still have pain in my back and knees (I need a knee replacement) but my head isn't cloudy. I am still kind of afraid of going back to my old ways though. I have never bought off the street, as I am paranoid I will get caught, but I do have a certain family member who kind of...enables me. I know when this person gets their Percs, I'm going to be tempted...*sigh*
Old 05-18-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Welcome to SR, desertflower, and thanks for posting your story. I'm sorry about your father's passing. Well done on one week. Post here as often as you want and read around the forum - there's lots of information on different recovery methods and programs.

My drug of choice was alcohol but I can completely relate to what you say about the dismal abyss of addiction. You're doing great to be climbing your way out of that abyss.

As well as this Newcomers subforum, you might find Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information useful, as there are many posters there with the same DOCs as you.

As for this family member, is there any way you can put some distance between them and you for the time being? Or tell them that you no longer take Percs? Once they know you're getting clean, it might be easier for you not to ask them for anything.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Desertflower! Congrats on 1 week, thats awesome! I found that first week to be terrible, but you have made it! Im on day 15 off opiates and I feel SO much better. When I get cravings ( which have subsided ) I come here, read & post. It was the best thing Ive ever done joining SR, the support you get here is unbelievable, stick around & stay strong! You can beat his!
Old 05-18-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! I don't know about pills but we have a forum just for substance abuse if you'd be interested in looking at it.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 05-18-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! Glad you found this site & have 1 week!!
Old 05-18-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR desertflower. We're glad you found us - we want to help. Please keep posting & let us know how you are.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey desertflower!! Glad to have you here!!
I'm 5 days off opiates...Today is a much better day than yesterday! And it keeps me going just knowing that tomorrow will be better than today!!
It helps me to come here and just look around and read!! This has been a lifesaver for me!
Keep coming back and reading and posting to let us know how you are!
Old 05-18-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR desertflower

D