Notices

11 January2013

Old 05-17-2013, 11:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

11 January2013

That's the date my life began to slowly change from chaotic, unmanageable and downright dangerous to the calm and joyful place where I am today. I can't believe how far I've come in a few short months, but I'm loving it! It says in the Big Book you will begin to see miracles... I read that very early on and grasped at the words with desperate hands and I promise you, it has come to pass! The fact that I sit here at 7.53am GMT feeling contented and filled with a spirit which overflows out of me (to the point that I am constantly smiling at myself!) is indeed a miracle.
If you are very new - keep having faith in what you hear at meetings, what you read in the literature and follow these wise suggestions, because I can assure you personally that "it works if you work it".
Have a fantastic day everyone,
I wish you the joy and happiness, contentment and inner peace - which AA promises you - and which WILL be your experience too. This is not an idle promise!
Old 05-18-2013, 12:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome nakuru - I'm really glad you've found something that's working for you

D
Old 05-18-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi D it's good to be here. Glad I found this online resource,

N
Old 05-18-2013, 02:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well said and well done Nakuru
Old 05-18-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a refreshing read upon waking up this early Saturday morning!
Old 05-18-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks

The way my addiction works is that it tells me I'm really clever, and can actually tell other people how to live their lives, that I can in fact 'guide' people through their problems..... ....while the reality is I am weak and defenceless, frightened and ill prepared for life - and that's what brought me to my knees. I learn from this knowledge and self awareness that I must first take care of my own recovery and trust in God that I shall be guided to handle only the things that I can manage. (I can just about cope with my own life in other words!)
So, fellow addicts, I shall TRY not to let my ego run riot and start to think i am something I am not!
Glad to be here, clean and sober.

Nak