Notices

newely married

Old 05-17-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

newely married

I feel pretty lonely most of the time, my puppy is my only real companion. My husband spends his time at the bar or at work and of course goes to the bar after work as well. This my 2nd marriage and his 3rd. I love him and don't really believe in divorce. And most websites make me feel like there is no hope, is that true? I am in my late 40's and I don't want to believe that this is what my life will consist of... A partner that is emotionally absent and physically to most of the time. Is there any hope for us??
Old 05-17-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi babycakenan

Have you talked to your husband abitu this? about how you feel?
to me that would be the first step.

D
Old 05-17-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome babycake. I'm glad you joined us.

I'm sorry you're feeling sad over this. I hope you'll find it helps to be here where you aren't alone with the problem. Check out our Friends & Family Forum too. Many people are dealing with the same sort of thing & you'll find support there - as well as here. Happy to have you with us.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry this is happening to you.

I wonder if you discussed these kinds of things before you got married. If not, it's not too late to have that discussion now.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please do have a talk with your husband. Would marriage counseling be possible?

Welcome to SR. I'm sorry for what brought you here but glad you're here.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

appreciate the support!!

Yes, I have talked to my husband about this, he makes me feel bad by saying "I know you are going to leave, just like everyone else has". He had a pretty sad childhood, his mother was an alcoholic and his father was a drug addict who passed away from an overdose in his 40's.. very sad. My childhood was the complete opposite two great hard-working parents who were very involved in my life, this is my first encounter with any sort of a addiction (pretty sheltered, I guess) He is very kind loving, generous, and affectionate to me, I just know NOW that drinking comes before I do... I try to keep myself busy in the home and working but our work hours are completely different. We have very little time together and I choose not to sit in a bar with him drinking, when we could be spending time together. HE doesn't think he has a problem because he still goes to work everyday and pays the bills on time. So glad I found this forum, thanks for the support!!