Notices

Struggling today - day 3

Old 05-16-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling today - day 3

Today is day 3. I'm a little depressed today. I'm sure it is due to withdrawal and also the argument last night with my bf or exbf. Still don't know if we broke up. I don't feel I did anything wrong. Maybe a little emotional but had good reason to question him about the issue. I want to drink tonight soooo bad. I want to skip the dinner plans with my friend (partially because I'm not all that fond of him) and skip the gym. I know I don't need to drink and am going to try really hard not too.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've been on a relapse cycle, but sick and tired and don't want to go back out. I know how you feel, but you won't feel this way forever. Go ahead and go to the gym--it will make you feel better and drinking will just set you back and make you feel worse. Drink some water and get hydrated and have something healthy to eat. Write about it instead of drinking, pray, meditate, take a warm bath or whatever will get you through. Talk to a sober friend. Go to a meeting. So glad you shared here. I am on day 5 this time. You can do this sober!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All you have to do is not pick up the first drink. I feel so awful today. I had a relapse last night and I am back to day one. I was depressed around day 3 as well. You don't want to be knocked down to day one. Also, if you can beat this depression/possible breakup without drinking, you will come out stronger. Running helps me with depression. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Don't make yourself start all over again. Don't pick up the first drink and you'll come out stronger for each time you resist the urge.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering

Those early days can be tough. But you only need go through them once. Can you find another way to treat yourself? Don't do anything you don't feel like doing, but just don't drink.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much. I'm going to suck it up. Go to dinner (in 15 min lol) as planned. Take the pup on a nice walk, go to the gym then go home and take a hot bath. I'll post later about how I survived day 3.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you!