Notices

What they learn in school

Old 05-16-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What they learn in school

2 months ago (2weeks prior to my descion to go sober), my 1st grade daughter came home with a permission slip for her to attend an in school class regarding self esteem, peer pressure, drugs alcohol and smoking. I signed off on it while sipping on ny nightly wine, and in the back of my mind I thought, " great now my 7 year olds going to hound me about my drinking!!!"

Fast forward to yesterday and my daughter had the discussion on the danger of alcohol. So when we sat down to dinner to talk about our days (we did this even when I was drunk) she said I'm so glad I don't have parents that get drunk!!

I nearly spit out my crystal lite!! She explained what she had learned that day and also told me that classmates had shared that sone of their parents drank a lot and it was very scary! One child shared that he had to hide in his cliset when mom/dad drink too much beer!

I looked at my husband with tears of joy how blessed I was to now be the mom I wanted to be. The fact I'm only in my 6th week of sobriety and my daughter doesn't even associate her mommy with alcohol made my whole night! Gave me a such a feeling of pride for myself and all us doing the right things for ourselves and our love ones!

Find the little things in your day that remind you of why it is so winderful not to drink! They are there even if you don't see them.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's a great place to be and congratulations on your 6 weeks sober!