Notices

Funeral today

Old 05-16-2013, 12:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Funeral today

It's my friends funeral today and it's going to be a very difficult day. I've been awake since 2am but just feel like hiding myself under the duvet although obviously I won't do that because I want to pay my respects. Another 5 hours to go.

I'm struggling with cravings right now. Just want to numb the pain which is insanity because it was alcohol that killed her. Sometimes I feel like I'm totally losing the plot - I can't drink because if I do, I get thrown out because I've had the ultimatum. The problem is that my family are still so disgusted with me after my last bender that they're not even talking to me, leaving me feeling even more alone at this time.

Oh my, any ideas on how to get through this day?
Old 05-16-2013, 01:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear your sad news. I can really empathise as I went to a funeral in the first week of sobriety. What got me through was thinking about waking up tomorrow morning. Focusing on how great I'd feel waking up sober, how proud my friend would have been of me if they were still alive and here with me. It was an incredibly tough day on my emotions but I also had some great moments. I met some lovely people and had done great memories of my friend with strangers. Focus in those new liberating feelings.

Big hugs

S x
Old 05-16-2013, 01:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hi TM ,
Sorry about your loss . Just get through it moment by moment . It's how i delt with my mum when i had to take her with chest pains to A&E ...

Whatever happens Just don't drink .. Sometimes the only way to deal with difficult emotions is to bear them with as much good grace as we can and hope tomorow will be better ..

Tomorow will be better , stick with it ,

Big hug and bestwishes, M
Old 05-16-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

TM,
I'm very new here, but that's so awful. I'm so sorry. is there anyone else you can reach out to? Other friends? Especially sober friends? I don't know how anyone deals with a loss so severe by themselves. Maybe, to be optimistic, look at it as a reason to stay sober because you don't want that to be you...? I know I've claimed made suicidal comments, but that's not what I want & I think, in reality, I made those comments while drunk. I can only speak from my experience, but maybe it could be helpful.

I hope my comments could be helpful. And please accept my condolences.

Best,
Sutton123
Old 05-16-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss TM.

I know today will be hard - but honour your friend - be there for others.
Stay sober.

D
Old 05-16-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I agree, stay sober to honor your friend's memory. You can do this without drinking.